chapter 14

A quick recap.

"OMG! What did I just do...........

*********
Oh shit! My phone's out of battery and I was so close to defeating her.

I kept running back and fourth in the room thinking about other ways to expose that bitch.

I went to the kitchen to grab lunch for myself when I overheard safeeya talking on the phone.

But who could she be talking to? I said and went closer to hear what she was saying.

" we must do everything we can to get rid of Maryam. She is all we need to get rid of and execute our plan" I heard her say.

I went to my room and sat down on the couch.

I can't just be sitting here while this witch is trying to break me and my husband apart.
I need to take this to the next level.

I managed to pluck my phone and after an hour, it was around 90% so I removed it and called Anisa. I told her everything and she was all like "why the heck did you not charge your phone before going in there"

In the midst of our conversation, safeeya came in holding a glass of orange juice.

" umm.....anisa I'll call you back" I said and hung up.

"What are you doing in my room" I said and stood up.

"Oh nothing, I just brought you a glass of juice" she said handing it over to me.

Its not like i need it

"Oh thank you" I said and collected it.

"But you know I'm not so dumb to believe you didn't put anything in it"

"How could you think I would do such a thing to you Maryam"?

" I don't think, I know you can. So before I do something to you leave my room" I shouted and she rolled her eyes before leaving

I decided to go talk to Abubakar. I knocked in the door and he said "come in" and I pushed the door open and found him reading a news paper.

"Can I talk to you for a few minutes"?

" what is it" he glared at me saying it.

"Listen about safeeya, I know that you don't believe me but......."

"That's enough Maryam, I'm tired. Tired of living a lie and pretending to be angry with you"
He said.

"What do you mean"

"Yes Maryam. I know everything now. I can't believe that I fell for such a disgusting cheap woman like her. And I'm so sorry Maryam I was so blinded by a spell and I couldn't differentiate right from wrong"

"Its okay. I knew that one day the truth would always come out" I said as tears gushed down my cheeks.

He pulled me into a hug as he kept saying sorry.

"And as for safeeya, her life in this house is over. I'm going to throw her out."

"No wait...I want to talk to her first. Just follow me and stay right outside her room" I said as we walked to her room

I entered and started clapping my hands together.

"Wow! Wow! Wow! This is what you call carma my friend. Carma. You know carma is a bitch just like you. Your life in this house is over"

"Stop feeling so highly of yourself. Do you think Abubakar would believe you"? She said.

" oh I don't only believe her, I trust her and now that I know everything, pack your trash and leave this house right now before I do something to you" Abubakar uttered.