1.5

*I'm thinking about doing a crossover with one of my favorite TV shows, with this book. I might do it after the main events of the game are done.*

Chapter Fifteen; A New Case:

Beth sighed as they finally arrived at Stratford Tower. She took the keys out of the ignition, Connor getting up as she did so.

She moved the kickstand, before taking her helmet off, and grabbing the one Connor had been using.

She put them in the compartment, locking it. Getting up, she stood straight crossing her arms, as she waited for Hank to arrive.

"What the hell happened to your hair?"

Hank finally arrived looking at her like she just killed someone."I got it cut."She answered simply, looking up at him.

He stared at her, realizing how symbolic the haircut truly was. He wasn't going to bring it up though, it was too painful.

Instead he asked something else.

"Ronnie..?"

"Yeah, she seemed happy to see me..." Beth answered as they started walking up to the building."How are her and Ava doin'..?"Hank asked.

"Good.. Ava's so big now." Beth mentioned smiling. Ronnie's niece had certainly gotten a lot bigger than the last time they had seen her.

"Was Connor still with.. you..?"Hank questioned giving a look to the Android."Yeah, why..?"Beth smiled.

"What did he do while you were getting your fancy little haircut? I know he wasn't getting his hair cut to."

"First off its not that fancy.. second off, Ava kept him preoccupied..."The kid seemed to really like Connor, and seemed to like the Android's awkwardness.

"And how did she.. keep him preoccupied..?" Hank seemed to emphasize on the word preoccupied. He didn't even seem to notice that he had called Conner a he.

Beth let out a snort before answering, "Coloring book."Hank actually smiled, before thinking. Ava didn't share her coloring book, or even show it to someone, unless she likes them.

"So, she likes Connor, huh..?"

Connor was watching the interaction between father and daughter, a confused look on his face."Yup."She answered, humor lacing her tone.

"What do ya think it is?"At this point both Hank and Beth were joking, but Connor didn't seem to realize that. He stared at them almost bewildered, as they entered the elevator.

"Maybe his voice--"Beth said,"Or his goofy looking face.."Hank cut in, giving a genuine chuckle."What..?"Beth stared at him for second, before she started to laugh."Or maybe it's his oblivious personality.. when he doesn't realize we're joking..."

Beth's​ tone wasn't serious at all, but it wasn't a mocking one either. Her voice was wrapped in a genuine joking tone, her eyes showing nothing but good humor.

Connor, finally, seemed to understand that they were joking, and smiled. Beth smiled back, as the elevator started moving up.

There was silence for several seconds, until Connor grabbed something out of his pocket. It was a coin. He started doing tricks with the coin, that Beth doubted she'd be able to do without dropping it.

After a little while, Hank seemed to be very annoyed, while Beth was watching with interest."You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor..!"

"Sorry, Lieutenant."Connor spoke as Hank pocketed his coin."Dad.. don't be so mean."Beth said, giving her father a be nice look."Hey, Connor..?"The Android looked down at her.