1.0

*I decided not to spend to much time on Amanda(mainly because even the mention of her annoys the f*ck out of me.) Long story short, I despise her.*

P.S. Thanks for over a thousand reads! It makes me feel happy :)

Chapter Ten; Russian Roulette:

"I--no... She's just a friend..."

"You're hesitating Connor... Is it because of her?"

"No...No, of course not."

"That maybe the case, but if Detective Anderson interferes with your investigation in any way... She will be taken care of."

•°•°•°•°•

Amanda's words remained ingrained within Connor's mind, latching onto him without mercy. He knew what Amanda meant by, 'She will be taken care of.'

If he was honest, it made him feel uneasy, and a little guilty. He didn't want to blame Beth for his struggle, but she was part of the reason he was feeling this way.

Connor knew, deep in his mind, that he should keep his distance from Beth. He didn't want to put her in harm's way, by knowingly getting closer to her.

Somewhere in his mind, he knew that he cared about her, but he'd be a Deviant then. He told himself that it was simply because Androids were programmed to help humans above all else.

The taxi car finally stopped at Lieutenant Anderson's house. Connor stepped out, not really listening to the automated voice.

He walked towards the entrance towards the Lieutenant's house, looking towards the front door.

A lot of houses now had electronic hand scanners, but Hank simply had a lock that required a key.

But because he didn't have a key, that meant he couldn't just walk in. He now wished that he had asked Beth for a key.

"Lieutenant Anderson!"

Connor knocked on the door, when he received no response, he rung the doorbell."Anybody home?" He held his finger down on the doorbell, which made a very annoying sound, as there was once again no response.

Sighing, Connor stepped away from the door, and started walking around to the side of the house. He looked through one of the windows and spotted a St Benard, probably Sumo, lying down.

He smiled a little to himself before walking towards another window, and looking into it. Hank was lying on on the ground unconscious, making a order pop up on Connor's screen.

"Lieutenant Anderson?"

[Check on Lieutenant Anderson]

In a quick decision, Connor bashed his elbow against the window, smashing it. He backed up, before throwing himself through the now broken window, and landing awkwardly on the floor.

Sumo immediately came over to him, startling Connor."Easy... Sumo. I'm your friend, see..? I know your name, I'm here to save your owner."

The St Benard snorted at him, before walking over to his food bowl. Connor's LED flashed yellow, before returning to blue.

Connor shook his head before getting up. He stepped over the Lieutenant's arm, before kneeling down by Hank's side.

He started scanning Hank, detecting alcohol on the Lieutenant. Connor looked at the bottle of alcohol, the the Magnum that was lying on the floor.

Scanning Hank's chest, he confirmed the Lieutenant was alive. He was probably in a Ethylic Coma, likely caused by the alcohol.

"Lieutenant?"No response. Connor slapped his hand against the Lieutenant's face, receiving a groan in return."Wake up, Lieutenant!"