Chapter 8: 'Hots' for Jace

Dedicated to @NorthByNorth because I love her. 

“Netflix gives you 15 seconds between episodes to decide whether or not you’re doing anything with your life today and we all know the answer is no.” 

Chapter 8: ‘Hots’ for Jace

I had a bad feeling inside.

A bad feeling which makes your stomach churn and do jumping jacks while your hands get all clammy and your heart just thinks it’s a perfect timing to beat like you just ran a marathon.

THAT feeling.

I didn’t know why I felt like that and I wished my heart could stop my heart from beating so hard as it wasn’t helping one bit. As I ran a hand through my hair, I reminded myself for the thousandth time that he was gone.

Jace Jensen was gone.  

But at the back of my head, I swore I could smell Jace’s minty breath and hear his voice, softly murmuring. “Tomorrow, tomorrow and tomorrow.”  

That was the last thing he had mouthed to me before he left, repeating what he had promised during our soap war.

To say I was petrified would be an understatement, really. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow could be anything, absolutely anything from I’m coming back tomorrow with a knife to murder you in your sleep so you can drown in your own blood.

Or it could be I’m coming back tomorrow and the day after, and the day after that just so you can look at my face and scream in frustration.

If I had to choose, to hell with the first one; I would have much preferred getting murdered and not having to see his face any day.

That had pretty much perfectly described how much I loathed him.

Why? For starters, he’s the reason behind to my 45-minute shower in hopes of trying to get rid of the soapy, lime scent from my wrinkled skin that was grew lava red under the lukewarm water.

The second one? Don’t even get me started, one word: Kitchen. I had to clean up the entire kitchen where it looked like World War 3 had taken place, expect the canons, guns and blood were all replaced by soap and bubbles.

Lots and lots of bubbles.

And that was just today.

--------------------

9:27 p.m is a holy time, I had declared by then because at exactly 9:27, The Jensens said their goodbyes and stepped out my front door.

By the time the clock stroke 9:29 p.m., they had all piled into their car and buckled up.

When it was 9:30 p.m., they drove off, out of my sight, leaving me in a giggling mess.

I had instantly let out a breath I never knew I was holding in and dashed towards the kitchen, ready to throw myself a celebration from surviving the devil with a tub of Ben & Jerrys.  

But before I could even step foot into the kitchen, I was flabbergasted by the sight before me. Maybe it was a bad idea using the soap. I looked around the room once again, taking in every inch in detail.

Yeap, it was definitely the worst idea to use soap. 

By the time I had finish cleaning up the entire kitchen spotless, it was already 10:27 p.m.; throwing the rag onto the floor, I only had one thing on my mind.

Its time.

I ran up the stairs, two steps at once, wanting nothing more than to jump onto my bed.