Part 9 Deleted

Part 9 Deleted

The three of us continued deeper, moving at a considerable pace. We were in complete silence apart from the sound of footfalls, and slow, anxious breathing.

It was difficult for me to stay focused on any one thing. The events that had transpired only a short time ago constantly returned to my head, and I had to force them out of my brain in order to keep going. It was mentally demanding, and was giving me a bit of a headache. I needed something to get my mind off of it.

That came fairly quickly in the form of one of the soldier leaping out of the darkness. Instinctively, I raised my arm to send him aside, but my telekinesis seemed to stop short of him. I was caught off guard, and only barely protected by Jacob, who gave him a strong backhand swing to knock him down.

Our attacker grumbled as he struggled to his feet. Once he balanced himself on one knee, he took a second, hunched over and breathing carefully.

In the blink of an eye, he shot past both of us, and grabbed the Buneary by the throat.

"No." I gasped almost silently.

He stood up slowly, turning to face us in the process. His face was completely emotionless. He gripped her more tightly. Jacob winced and his hands flared up with blue aura. "Let her go."

"Only he can go any further." He pointed his free hand at me.

"Not a chance. You're gonna pay for-"

"No. I'll go."

Jacob turned and stared at me. "You're kidding. You called all of us here, and now this close you decide you want to do it alone?"

"I've had enough. I can't take more." I replied solemnly.

The soldier looked me in the eyes. He almost seemed grateful to me. "Go. He's waiting for you."

I turned around and walked further into the cave.

---

I had gone quite a distance before I reached a narrower part of the cave, almost like another cave opening within this one. I moved through, and found that there was no more light illuminating. I closed my eyes, and sensed the walls around me. I followed a thin path down, and carefully made a turn around a corner. After walking for a minute down this direction, I opened my eyes.

I was met with a surprising light in front of me. It took my eyes a moment to adjust, and I took a moment to admire the almost magical glow. I looked closer and noticed a small Pokemon encased within a crystal shell. Its body was white, with a simple face and tiny, cute appendages. Around its head was yellow headdress that looked like a three pointed star, and small teal blue ribbons hung off of each point.

I took a step towards it, but was met with a familiar voice telling me, "Ah ah ah. It's still sleeping, buddy."

I closed my eyes and tried to keep a hold of myself. "Surprised to hear that you care."

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed him step away from a wall he had been leaning against. "With something this important, you can't afford to take chances."

I took a deep breath. My mind was racing through thoughts I couldn't control. If I weren't showing restraint, I would have surely lashed out at him. Not that it would have done me any good.

Dark snorted. "You want to fight don't you?"

I closed my eyes again and let my body relax. I stood up straight and looked at him. "This ends now."

He smiled. "Cool."

I pulled out Sandslash's Pokeball and prepared to open it. Before I could get to the button, Dark delivered a hit to my arm, that knocked the ball out of my grip.