TWELVE

Casey Roberts

"He's cracking," Arran whispered, grinning at me. I couldn't help but grin back. Leah had the biggest smirk on her face and I was beginning to think that she was enjoying this more than anyone.

"This is brilliant! It won't be long now!" She squealed quietly. We all laughed at her.

"Well, what should I do now?" I asked them. Leah's eyes brightened, showing us that she had another idea. She was on a roll.

"You should make him jealous again. So you and Ryan really have to step it up if we're so close to cracking him," She said. Ryan and I nodded and smirked at each other.

"He's in my room right now, and the window is open so he should hear everything, just giggle loudly and stuff," Arran replied before grabbing Leah by the waist and then dragging her to the pool.

"This is going to be awkward..." I muttered to Ryan. He laughed and nodded.

"Just follow my lead," He whispered. He wrapped his arms round my waist and placed me on his lap. I blushed.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whispered at him. He smirked.

"Don't worry, we just need to make it look like we're flirting with each other," He replied. I was straddling him and it kind of felt weird. I was in a bikini and he was only wearing swimming trunks. This was beyond awkward. "Daniel is looking out of Arran's window, but don't turn round..." He whispered. I nodded. I really didn't know what to say.

Suddenly I was lifted up bridal style and I squealed in surprise. Ryan grinned down at me and started walking to the pool. Then I realised what he was going to do...

"Ryan...Please tell me you're not going to jump in the pool..." I said, staring at the damn pool. I didn't want to get wet yet. I wanted my hair to stay dry so I could show it off to Daniel because to be honest my hair was the only nice thing about me.

"I am, babe," He chirped happily. I groaned and tried to get out his grasp. "Ready?" He asked, laughing. I shook my head quickly.

"No!" I squealed.

But too late. Ryan had jumped into the pool, dragging me along with him. We crashed through the water and damn it was freezing. I broke through the surface and coughed, glaring at Ryan. "You're gonna pay for that," I muttered, he laughed and swam close to me. His arms wrapped round my waist and he crushed me to his toned chest.

"Just act like we're all lovey-dovey," He whispered and then laughed. I smiled up at him, making sure my smile looked like I was a love sick teenager.

"I knew you were a whore," I heard Daniel say as he walked past us. I glared at his back as he walked to the back garden gate.

"That was harsh," I muttered as I watched him. Then a skinny model like girl walked up to Daniel and started making out with him. His hands were sliding down her body and landed on her ass to pull her closer. The bastard must have called in re-enforcements. Smart guy.

"Great, he's with one of his conquests. We need to step up our game..." Ryan grumbled. I turned my attention to him, raising my eye brows.

"What could we do to get his attention off her though?" I asked. Ryan looked at me with a guilty smile.

"We need to play it their way...I guess..." A pink tinge covered his cheeks and I suddenly knew what he was talking about. Ryan and I had to make out...

"Fine, but let's make this clear that we're only friends, and it won't be awkward after it, okay?" I replied, looking at him. He nodded, agreeing with me. I looked back at Daniel again to see he was still sucking tongues with the brunette. I sighed. Might as well get this over with.