come back

♡mara♡
age eleven

2007

Everything in Mara felt numb when Miss Sokolov had said the words. Why? That was all she could think. Why? And why now?

Mara thought she would never have to see her father again, in fact she was very content with the idea of it. The red room was her home, not her fathers house. Her father did not love her, and she did not love her father. Mara hates Tony Stark, and she would gladly admit it to him.

Even as she packed her bag, Mara could not think of a reason why her father wanted her home. Tony himself had told her not to come back, something that had broken her heart. But the heart he had broken was Maggie Starks, not Mara Petrovs. Mara had long healed her broken heart, and had since then put it on ice.

Mara could not say she was heartless, but as more time passed, the less she felt. The battle inside her brain seemed to cool down, and the small amount of Maggie Mara had gained back was dying. Mara had been sure Maggie had died a long time ago, but when she got her abilities, all of her doubts came back.

Those doubts were dying. But slowly they crept up as her fathers shadow casted over her mind. He had always been her biggest weakness, and now as she packed away clothes that didn't even belong to her, she contemplated killing him. There were so many cons to the idea, but the one pro was really making Mara think it would be worth it.

She could not be reckless though, killing her father would be reckless. Murders were to be done without leaving a trace, and Mara wasn't sure she could kill world famous Tony Stark without it being pinned on her. Sure she had the power of being his daughter, which would surely cast doubt upon many that she had done it. But there were those closest to Tony that knew she had the biggest reason to kill Tony.

Miss Sokolov retrieved Mara from her room, giving her harsh instructions all the way to the front door. Under no circumstances could Mara reveal anything about the red room or what goes on here. Any questions asked, Mara had to strictly lie about. Lucky for Mara, she had been trained for years to be a liar.

Just as the first time Mara had left the red room, a car was parked outside the gate. As she walked forward, she embraced the cold. After being stranded in the tundra, Mara began to miss the feeling of being cold. At first she never wanted to be cold again, now she only wished to lay on the ground until she froze with it.

Maras heart beat rapidly as she approached the car, stepping outside the gate. The driver was kind enough to step around to open the door for her, but before she climbed in she cast one more glance at Miss Sokolov. Don't ruin this. Mara could hear Miss Sokolovs thoughts, and she tried to her best to let her know she wouldn't.

Inside the car was the man she hadn't seen for so many years, everything about him the same. In his hand was a phone, talking animatedly into it. Taking her seat, the car door was shut behind her and she buckled her seat belt.

The thought of killing her father entered her mind once more, considering giving him a heart attack. That couldn't be pinned on her, how could it? It seemed tempting as her father continued to ignore her, just like he always had.

It was a while before the phone call ended, Tony letting a sigh escape his mouth. Mara could feel his stress, but when he turned to look at her, it quickly turned into resentment and annoyance. Mara couldn't help but feel the same way.