Unicorn x Reader

This one is just a fun little one shot I did. It's going to be a girl x girl one. So if you aren't interested in that please skip. It's basically The Last Unicorn. Any fans of that movie?

You were walking through an ancient forest. One that was filled with strange and wondrous creatures. Each different than the others. They didn't seem to mind your daily visits. Your dark green dress billowed around you as you ducked tree branches and overstepped various roots and leaves on the forest floor.

You heard a quiet whinny in the distance and gasped in surprise as you saw her:

A unicorn.

You didn't think that they existed any more. Hunted down by evil poachers and kings that wanted innocent power. She was a gorgeous cream color. With a long and elegant horn perched atop her slender head. Her amethyst eyes sparkled in happiness and she pawed the ground with her opal hooves.

She seemed to beckon to you. As if she wanted you to approach her. You cautiously began to walk. Your e/c eyes fixated on the gorgeous beast before you. You held the hem of your dress up to make as little noise as possible.

She seemed skittish when you finally walked up to her form, but she allowed you to touch her horn and caress her cheek. Almost immediately when you touched her, you could feel a telepathic connection between the two of you.

Almost as if it was meant to happen.

"Hello mortal. My name is Arryn. I am the guardian of this forest. I've seen you wandering here, but I never actually got the courage to meet you." The unicorn's thoughts reverberated inside your mind.

"I am very pleased to meet you Lady Arryn. You're quite beautiful." You began to bow respectfully.

"I am Lady Y/N, I come here every so often to enjoy the beauty and serenity of your forest." You got up and your e/c orbs met her deep purple ones.

"I, I of course must leave if it bothers you." You hurriedly said.

"No! No I wouldn't want you to leave. Perhaps you can stay just a bit longer, the animals do love you so." Arryn said in a rush. It was almost as if she didn't want you to leave her.

You smiled gently at her. You sat on your side and asked her of the forest and many many other questions related to her unicorn race.

Arryn crouched by you as well. Prepared to answer your many questions. She became saddened at the mention of other unicorns however.

"I only know of one other unicorn. She lives in a forest many ways away from here. Her name is lost to me." Arryn dropped her majestic snout in despair.

"Do not worry Lady Arryn. You are not alone, not anymore. I am here, and I intend to stay with you as long as you need me." You said confidently placing your hand below her chin to lift it up. Her eyes gazed longingly into yours.

"I thank you, Lady Y/ N. You are truly the kindest mortal in this world." Arryn got up simultaneously with you and she began to retell the stories of old. Of the many unicorns that wandered the world and resided in forests much like the one you were in.

"All was well, until a creature named the Red Bull drove us all out. We couldn't know what was happening. Until it was too late." Arryn finished her tale with sadness in her melodic voice. You felt it too. You knew that you could not stay in the forest. The magic of these woods was not meant for mortals.

"Arryn, I can not live here with you. I will wither and die. This forest was not meant for my kind. I must leave you." Tears pricked your eyes as you said this. Quickly wiping them away on your dress sleeve.

"Oh.." Arryn looked away from you so you couldn't see the hot tears threatening to flow from her eyes.

"I suppose there is no other way." She seemed to be deep in thought.

"Unless... Unless I give up being a unicorn, and transform myself into a mortal human." The very thought of this pained you. To destroy such a beautiful creature just so that you wouldn't be lonely? Preposterous.

"No, Lady Arryn you can't!"

"But it is what I want Y/ N. I have watched you for days and longed to be beside you. To journey with you out of this forest, nay, a prison. I want to be human with you. No matter the cost." Arryn stepped away from you. Her horn glistening in the setting sun's light.

"Arryn.." You trailed off as you saw her horn began to glow with unearthly blue light. It washed over her and changed her form. She became a woman.

She was naked with her white hair covering her private parts. Her forehead had a slight scar where her horn was and her skin was pale and sweet. Her amethyst eyes looked sadly but sweetly into yours.

"Now we can be together for as long as these bodies permit." She whispered to comfort you. You knew that the damage had been done, but you were so happy to be with Arryn that it didn't matter.

You stooped down to her and hugged her. She hesitated but hugged you back. You could feel tears falling down your back as she cried into your shoulder. Tears of happiness or regret, you did not know.

I hope you guys enjoyed this oneshot! If you did, please leave a vote and comment!