Jersey Devil x Blind!Reader

This one has the Jersey Devil with the ability to speak. Mostly because of the legend that he was born from a human woman so it made more sense to make him more like a Beauty and the Beast esque character.

Living in Jersey had absolutely no perks. You had once argued with your uncle that Jersey was second only to Florida in the contest of which state was the butthole of America.

Florida always wins, but New Jersey was definitely the armpit of America.

You couldn't see much, but you felt it in the air and heard it in the busy streets of downtown Jersey. People screaming at each other and the smell of hundreds of cars burning gas and polluting the already disgusting air. Your E/C eyes stared unseeing into the distance as you had decided to take a trip to The Pine Barrens so that you could escape the bustle of everyday living.

You heard that it was breathtaking. With its gorgeous pines and rivers. It was truly a sight to behold. "How neat." You thought to yourself. You were just looking forward to smelling the trees and finally hearing things other than strings of curse words and car horns.

Oh, a little foreword here. They forgot to mention that it was haunted by an apparent demon from hell? Might've been a little helpful to know that earlier.

Packing some gear to hike into the woods was going to be difficult, luckily your brother/sister had agreed to help you out with packing and locating the woods. You made him swear to leave you once you got to the barrens though.

You sat in silence on a fairly comfortable boulder until you heard the crunch of leaves and the cracking of branches.

You huffed in annoyance, "B/S/N! I told you to leave me alone!" You said angrily and turned your face to a monster's.

You couldn't see him, but you felt his hot breath and you froze. You breathed into its nostrils and it breathed into yours. You felt a sort of connection to the creature, if you could even call it that. Oh, how you wished you could see it.

"What are you doing here? Foolish mortal. I will rend the flesh from your bones." He said, his deep voice reverberated within your soul.

"Excuse me? You will not talk to me like that. I've dealt with too many assholes just to be talked down to by a, whatever you are." You sternly said to him. You could almost feel his stunned gaze.

"Nobody has ever talked to me like that!" He growled at you. You gulped and closed your eyes. Preparing to be killed.

"...I like it." He said softly. A smile spread across his muzzle. "I like you, strange woman." You laughed nervously.

"I would feel a little better if I knew what you were? And who?"

"Oh, silly me, I was never given a name, but many of the pitiful humans here refer to me as, "The Jersey Devil." I think it's just a tad bit melodramatic."

"You? Melodramatic? Never."

"Ok, I admit, I have a love for theatricality. All of my mother's memories of plays and fables resonates within me. Even centuries after I was abandoned." You could tell he was still sore from that. Of course you had heard the legend of the Jersey Devil, but you had never believed it. That is until today.

You felt sorry for him, as he continued to talk you eventually placed your hand over his massive clawed paw. He stiffened up but you felt his muscles relax after awhile.

"Please come with me to my living space."

"Living space?"

"Well, cave, but living space sounds far more pleasant." You nodded your head and felt him pick you up bridal style. Your arms instinctively raised upwards to grab him and you felt his antlers and your fingers brushed against his horse like snout.

"Well, where to my charming friend?"
"You'll see, er, you'll know when we get there." He corrected himself.

You rolled your eyes and felt him push off the ground and the wind that was created from his bat wings.

This was the start of a beautiful relationship.

Well, as usual please vote and comment. LEAVE REQUESTS.

REMEMBER ITS NOT BESTIALITY IF THE CRYPTID IN QUESTION IS SENTIENT AND CONSENTING. PLUS IF THE SHAPE OF WATER AND THE BEE MOVIE DID IT THAN I CAN FUCKING DO IT TO.