Chapter 15

Randhir couldn't remove his feet from the spot where he saw her going to the OT..the door closed n a red blub light up above the door. Randhir felt numb..he didn't know what to do or what to ask anyone. His ph rang.

"randhir kaha ho tum itni dair tak" renuka asked worriedly.

"mom..sanyukta.." he tried to speak but suddenly he felt his throat burning..he couldn't say that sanyukta was in hospital.

"sanyukta...kya hua sanyukta ko" renuka asked panicking there was no answer.

"ranshir bolo..kya hua sanyukta ko?" renuka asked.

"mom sanyukta ka accident hua hai...main abhi city hospital mein hu..mom she was in so much blood" randhir answered testing each word.

"main abhi aa rahi hu waha...sanyukta ko kuch nhi hoga" renuka replied n cut the call.

Randhir saw the OT room opened for a moment n a doctor came out.

"doctor..is she all right?" randhir asked.

"who are you??"

"m her friend" randhir replied hesitately.

"oh..we are trying..she have lost much blood n there is fracture in leg n her brain is injured..aap please counter pe jake form filled up kar dijiye" n the doctor went back in the OT.

Randhir rushed to counter n complete all the procedure..till then renuka n parth reached hospital.

They were sitting on the chairs outside the OT, randhir was looking down in the floor n he didn't know when his tears started falling. He never felt so helpless in his lifetime. Renuka placed hand in his shoulder n looked up.

"itna pyar karte ho to use Jane kyu diya?" she asked.

"mom..i had no way"

"there is always a way beta" renuka assured him.

"mom she will be fine na?"

"haan.."

"iss baar chahe kuch v ho..main use kahi Jane nhi dunga mom, she just can't take care of herself" randhir hugged renuka n broke down.

Everyone stood up as the blub turn off n doctor came out.

"doctor kya hua?" parth asked.

"operation is successful but we don't know how much time it will take to get her sense back, she went unconscious due to shock n blood lose..we are shifting her to ICU now" doctor said n went away.

"parth hum specialist bulaye kya??" randhir asked.

"no randhir..doctor said na she will be fine" parth replied.

"but I don't trust these doctors..they are not specialist right..n we can shift her to big hospital" randhir argued.

"randhir there are things which U can't fix with money..just relax for now..sanyu will be fine" parth assured n patted his back.

After sometimes doctors shifted sanyukta in a separate cabin, n allowed randhir to go inside. Randhir freezed in the entrance, she was looking so pale, lifeless n weak in her medical cloths. She was attached with iv n there was monitors counting her heartbeats. Randhir took small steps towards her n sit on the tool beside her bed.

He hold her hand lightly n promised, "just open your eyes sanyu...i promise I will tell U everything..just come back to me n give me one last chance".

                                #####

Randhir was still sitting by her side holding her hands n patiently waiting for her to open her eyes. But she was not showing any improvement.

"Mr shekhawat I think you need to go to home once..otherwise you will fall seek..its been 2 days that you are here..please go n take some rest" doctor said who has just finished checking up sanyukta.

"no doc..m totally fine, all i need right now is she. N won't leave her side untill she got her sense back" randhir replied.

It was all dark in front of her eyes n her head was throbbing from the pain n she felt unbearably thirsty. She tried to open her eyes but couldn't. She felt a touch over her skin n she responded by moving her fingers. Randhir smiled brightly as he felt her response..he immediately call in the doctors to help her. Sanyukta opened her eyes slowly n saw doctors around her..she couldn't register what was happening around her..

"young lady..now you have to take proper care of yourself.." the doctor said after examining her n went out leaving her with nurse n as doctor moved out she saw randhir.

He was looking devastated with unshaven beard n messy hairs. His eyes were red as if he was skipping his sleep. She didn't expect him there but deep down inside she was glad that he was in front of her.

"sister..m feeling thirsty.." she said to the nurse standing there.

"mam let me ask the doctor first" n the nurse went out of the room.

Randhir took small step to her with hesitation n guilt.

"how are u feeling?" he asked.

"m fine..but what are you doing here?" she asked sternly.

"lets not discuss that now..pehle tum thik ho jao" he tried to divert her question.

"you don't need to take care of me..m capable enough" she said.

"haan dikh raha kitna care le sakti..ab argue karna bandh Karo aur chup chap aaram karo" he ordered.

"huh..main tumse darti nhi hu..aur na hi mujhe tumhari kisi v baat mein interest hai..please go away..i don't want you" she said in a low but determined voice.

"no..i won't go..n jab tak poori tarah thik nhi ho jati I won't leave your side" he replied
she was about to say something but the nurse came back n make her drink some water.

Nurse fixed her iv n check the monitor n went out. Renuka n parth entered at the same time. Both went to sanyukta and asked how she was feeling. Renuka looked at randhir who was standing in a corner.

She went to him..n said, "she is fine now..ab to ek baar ghar chal"

"she won't forgive me mom" he replied ignoring her urge.

"did U asked her" renuka asked him back
N randhir shake his head in no.

Parth n renuka went to doctors cabin for the fees n other formalities while randhir sat beside her n hold her hands n said, "please forgive me"

N she replied pulling back her hand, "never".

                                #####

Please give your feedback...

#Madhusmita_Das