Chapter 3

Sanyukta laughed for the uncountable time as dadi shared her memories of her childhood. Sanyukta loved being with dadi..she was feeling the affection in dadi's eyes for her. But she was scared n guilty too for lying, she tries to keep aside that feeling n promised herself to enjoy n live the moment without thinking anything else.

When randhir walked in the house he saw a sight that he never expected to witness in his home. Sanyukta was in kitchen cooking while his parents n dadi were sitting in the dinning table laughing n talking. Its been so long since he saw his family together, his father n mom were busy ppl n he don't even remember when he last saw any member of family entering the kitchen.

"aree beta..aa idhar..dekh aaj Teri biwi kya bana rahi hai" dadi called him Randhir walked towards table n saw all his fav food.

"n here is ur kheer dadi...specially aap k liye" sanyukta said keeping the bowl in the table.

Dadi giggled like a teenager seeing her fav kheer in front of her.

"randhir beta go n fresh up" renuka said blocking randhir's train of thought.

It was overwhelming for him..he never experienced such moments in his life..n he didn't know how to react. Randhir came down after the shower n joined everyone in dinning. Food was delicious n everyone was praising sanyukta, randhir looked at her as she adjust her locks with a smile receiving the compliments.

"sanyukta, thanks" randhir said, when both reach their bedroom.

"for what?" she asked.

"for everything" he replied.

She smiled n went to washroom. When she came back she find randhir missing from the room..she walked out looking for him n saw the lights of study were on.

She came back n dozzed off in the sofa. When randhir came back from study, he took sanyukta in his arms n aced her in one side of his king size bed. He made a wall of pillows between them n smiled looking at his own arrangement.

"thanks for giving me one of the best evening of my life sanyukta...i wish i could fall in love..but it is not my thing" his heart said.

                               #####

sanyukta woke up with a start n her eyes popped out finding randhir in the same bed. She couldn't understand why randhir bring her to the bed. She dashed out in the washroom before randhir get up. she drapped a peach colour sari around her body n came out. She stood in front of the huge mirror n put a pinch of red vermillion in the end of her parting hairs.

She felt an pair of hands over her hands as she struggled to tie the dori of her blouse.

She look up to her mirror n saw randhir helping her. He was looking extremely delicious in his morning stubble n messy hairs. His hands lingered on her back and she couldn't realise if he was doing it purposely or not. But as his fingers travel down on her back, she bit her lips to resist a moan.

"you don't need to wear all this if U are not comfortable" he said in his husky voice.

"hmm" she nodded.

"you can wear anything you want" he explained.

"actually dadi asked me to wear sari for a month, she said it is a kind of ritual n don't worry I can manage it". She said.

"okay" he smiled faintly n walked towards the door.

"randhir..how come i ended up in bed last night?" she asked.

"i took U there"

"why?"

"coz you were uncomfortable on that stupid sofa...n from now on U will be sleeping on bed only" he cleared.

"no, i can manage in sofa" she argued.

"then i won't mind carrying U to bed every night" he finished n walked out of the room.

"how m suppose to share bed with the man who can't be mine yet treat like his" her heart said.

                                 #####

Please give your feedback...

#Madhusmita_Das