Chapter 14

Sanyukta locked herself in the room for whole day..randhir didn't even see her in dinner table. When he asked arpita about sanyukta she said sanyukta was sleeping due to headache. Randhir knew that sanyukta didn't want to see his face at that moment but he was also glad that she didn't start any kind of drama which can embarrass both of them.

In the morning when randhir walked to the hall he saw everyone chatting n parth was glaring at him.

"what happened guys?" randhir asked

"sanyukta left for Mumbai" arpita answered

"what?? But hamara flight to evening ko hai na?" he shouted

"haan...she said there is some emergency..so she booked early morning ticket last night" arpita answered.

Randhir couldn't believe she left just like that..even not meeting him once. His heart was aching to see her face once. He silently made way to his room n sat on the bed.

"what the hell U did with sanyu?" parth stromed in the room n look the door with bang.

"I didn't said anything parth..i just cleared some misunderstanding" randhir said in a numb voice.

"oh really??? Randhir you are a coward..n you seriously don't deserve a girl like sanyu..tere liye wo vidushi hi sahi hai..tujhe to bas apni deals ki padi hai..and don't you dare saying that you never knew what sanyu felt for you..you knew it..n you played with her..agar tu mera bhai nehi hota to Teri jaan le leta main" parth lashed out his anger on randhir.

Parth couldn't bear to see sanyukta in such miserable condition, in the morning when he saw her coming down with her luggage he noticed her puffy eyes. He was always protective about her like a real brother but now when he knew his own cousin was behind her sorrows he felt more n more depressed. Sanyukta reached shekhawat mansion n directly headed towards dadi's room...she had a responsibility to fulfill.

She sat beside dadi n told her everything..dadi was so angry on randhir but sanyukta said, "dadi..aap please randhir par gussa mat hona..he loves U so much..aapke liye hi to unhone ye sab kiya..aap please unhe kuch mat bolna"

Dadi looked the adorable girl in front of her who is more like her own granddaughter. Dadi knew that sanyukta loved randhir..her eyes are so expressive to hide any emotions. Dadi along with renuka shed tears as sanyukta came back from randhir's room with her belongings n bid bye to everyone.

It was evening when randhir reached home n he rushed to his room hoping sanyukta was there. But it had no one. His half part of cupboard was empty..all her cosmetics from dressing table were gone..the only thing that was lingering on the air was her scent. He sat on the floor n broke down. He didn't stop his tears..the only he was doing was chanting the same thing "m sorry sanyukta". N dozzed of in that same place.

Randhir reached office little early than usual... Only thing he knew that he needed to see sanyukta once. He reached his cabin n saw a letter lying there..it was resignation letter from sanyukta. He tore it without even reading it. He called jai to his cabin.

"sir you called me??" jai asked

"jai..what is this nonsense?? How can sanyukta resign??"

"sir I have no idea..she just told me that you will understand her condition as she have got job in London n she is leaving shortly" jai informed.

Randhir stromed out of his cabin n reached his car. He drove like maniac untill he reached her apartment.

Sanyukta was in kitchen when she heard the doorbell. She thought it was kaustuki n she ran towards the door. It was randhir standing in her doorstep with messy hairs n red bloodshot eyes. Randhir step inside n grab her..n without any words he pull her for a hard kiss. Sanyukta couldn't hold herself n react to this sudden action. Randhir sucked her lower lip like he was thirsty from years. sanyukta pushed him hard as she gained her sense back.

"what the hell are u doing here? Aren't you done with using me??..look I have already talk with your family..n there is nothing left between us" sanyukta said in disgust.

"why are u leaving India?" he asked.

"that's none of your business..m not answerable to you..n please get out..n don't u dare forcing yourself on me next time" she glared at him.

Randhir didn't said anything and left adorning her face once again. Only he could know the pain she was going through but she didn't know what he was bearing.

                                #####

"sanyu tu ek baar fir soch le.." parth said.

"ab sochne ke liye kuch nhi bacha hai kashyap, I just can't stay near to him. He never loved me but I did na...how m suppose to tolerate him with vidushi after all this" sanyukta blasted out her frustration throwing her cloths on luggage.

"okay..do watever you feel right but lemme come with you na" parth begged.

"no..arpita needs you here..i know you guys need some time together to work things between you..so I don't want you to come with me n London mein hai na Scott, he has been a very good friend..you don't worry..i will be in one piece" sanyukta said n hugged parth.

Parth left her apartment n headed towards arpita's place. He don't want to face randhir at that time he afraid he might lose his cool in front of him. Sanyukta opened her purse to count her cash n there she saw the ring. That ring randhir made her wore..she promised herself not to cry anymore yet she couldn't stop her tears. She put it in a box n asked kaustuki to drop it in randhir's office.

Randhir was looking out of his office window absent mindedly. He was looking very week due to skip of meals. Dadi n renuka was avoiding talking with him n harsh was on tour. His home felt like some unknown place with known ppl around him. Randhir's ph beeped with vidushi's msg. She was coming next week..randhir didn't know how he was going to live with that girl whom he can't tolerate for a minute. He didn't replied her n threw his ph on table. It was 9 in the evening n Randhir didn't left office. Randhir knew sanyukta was leaving the same night. He wanted to run to her n make her stop. But he remembered mittal's words. He was afraid of the harm that mittal's can cause. He was scared about her life.. He could live with her hate but he couldn't think about living in a place where she don't exist.

Sanyukta sat on the taxi n headed to airport. She was leaving his town may be for life. She don't wanted to think about him yet his memories were haunting her. Their first dance...their first kiss..his cares..his attention everything came back in front of her eyes like film strip. She took her ph n dialled his number to hear his voice once but suddenly she remembered his words at swimming pool. N she cut the call immediately before it could ring.

It was around 10 pm n randhir dozzed off in his chair lying his back. suddenly his ph ring bring him back to world. It flashed sanyukta's number n randhir jumped off from his chair. He couldn't believe it was sanyukta calling. He pick it up n answered.

"hello sanyukta"

"hello..sir m calling from city hospital..we found this ph from the accident spot n your number on the dial list." the voice said.

"what?? What happened to the girl?" randhir asked holding his breathe. He was sweating.

"aap jaldi city hospital aa jaiye..doctors unke family members k bare mein puch rahe hai" n that person cut the call.

Randhir ran to the hospital praying to god with his every breathe n searched for sanyukta. N there he saw her lying lifeless when doctors took her to operation theatre.

                                  #####

Please give your feedback...

#Madhusmita_Das