Revealing Secrets

"Davion before I say anything else I need you to calm down sit down and let me explain" I said calmly, rationally, and quietly. I could tell Davion was nervous and if I was him I would be the same way, and I don't blame him in the slightest. As I studied his face he was biting his bottom lip as hard as he could, his dark brown, puppy dogged eyes looked worried and scared at the same time. That's when I felt bad for not telling him anything, I should've trusted him more than I did because that's when I noticed how much he actually cared, was when he showed me the face of how much he actually cared.

     "Okay, but this time don't leave anything out. We are a team, we are together, you are my girlfriend, I know you're not familiar with people sticking by you and being there for you but you have to trust me for this to work. That's what a couple does. If you trust me I can protect you, I can support you in every way possible but you have to tell me the truth..." Davion said angrily but passionately at the same time. He was right, I did need to be honest with him it was about time.

     I start to head to my luggage and grab a dark grey tank top and quickly pull it up and over my head trying to make sure Davion doesn't see anything.....yet. I bent back down and reached for black shorts and slid them under my towel and lifted them to my waist and put the towel on the floor. As I was done I walked towards Davion and the bed, gave a slight smile and sat beside Davion and looked into his eyes.

     "I do have a son, he's 3 months old and he is amazing. When you had that party of friends over and we had that big brawl with Isaiah, when he told you about Aiden! He abused me in every way humanly possible, he kept me in a basement for 3 weeks until I escaped. A week later I found out I was pregnant because he raped me. My son doesn't have the best father at all but that doesn't mean I can't be the best mother that I really try to be" I say pausing here and there with tears just rolling heavily down my cheeks. I could feel my face burn up from all the crying, this was a very touchy subject but it's a subject I need to have with Davion, he needs to know.

     I was staring at the blanket but there wasn't much to see, my vision was really blurry from all the crying I've attempted to do. I didn't expect this conversation to start so soon but Davion and I had been dating for quite some time so I think 'this' conversation is very important. I try to keep this part of my life a secret because I don't want to announce my little guy to the world, he's a child and I want to keep it that way. I looked at Davion or I tried to anyway and he looked horrified, surprised, and uncertain what to do or what to even think. As Davion took a deep breath and shook his head slightly I could tell he was having a hard time trying to find the right words to say.

     "Why would you keep a secret like this from me? Can't you trust me?  Have I not shown you that you could at least trust me?" Davion said shakily, it wasn't until then that I truly could tell that I had fucked up. But honestly as much as I care about Davion I was thinking of my child, when you have a child it's not just about you anymore, you are caring not just for you but another human being that doesn't know anything about this world, a person who can't provide for themselves so you have to pick up all the extra weight. I understand Davion's frustration and pain I really do but my child comes first no one else.

     "Listen I know you're mad, frustrated, and hurt about me not trusting you with this information and not telling you and you have a right to be mad. However, I wasn't thinking about myself, I wasn't thinking about the fact that I should tell you. I was protecting my son, my son is the one thing I got and I'm doing it by myself, my son has stayed with the one person I've ever trusted in my whole life,  so I'm sorry if I hurt you but this thing with my son isn't about you it's about the one person in his life who gave birth to him trying to protect him..." I said with more tears streaming down my face as I got up quickly and walked to the left side of the bed by the headboard and sat by the pillows. It's the farthest I could get away from Davion at the moment, I didn't want to leave the room because Blythe hates me enough as it is I don't want to give her more satisfaction. I sunk into the bed so quickly I didn't realize and it calmed me down a little which helped me not to yell completely.