Part 11

(Jeremy's POV)

          Rich and Jake stare at us, one eyebrow raised. Their arms were crossed and kept looking between myself, Michael, and the fact that-

          Oh my god. Holy shit. I forgot we were holding hands. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!

          I quickly let go of Michael's hand, even though I knew I was visibly flustered. Michael gave a small nod as he understood why. He then stood up and sat next to me.

          "Hey, Lovebirds!" Rich laughed, sitting across the booth from us, Jake following.

          "Oh, you're one to talk, Goranski! Anyways, hello. You're earlier than we expected." Michael started, taking charge of the conversation.

          Note to self: Thank Michael later for this.

          "Hey Rich, hi Jake." I quietly let out, grabbing Michael's hand tightly under the table. He squeezed my hand and glanced at me, as if saying 'It's okay, Jer. I'll handle it.'

          "What's up Heere. Mell. Anyway, I'm assuming Jeremy told us to come here to talk about...." Rich trailed off and looked at each of us repeatedly, pointing a finger between us.".... This."

          "Yeah, explain it. We wanna hear everything." Jake cocked his eyebrow again.

          "Okay, well, first of all.... There is no 'this'. There is no 'we'. We're just best friends, alright? And we have a perfectly viable explanation for what has happened." Michael exclaimed confidently.

          Hearing Michael say 'There is no this. There is no we. We're just best friends.' made my heart sink. I regret making the decision not to tell them. Hearing this is worse than them knowing.... But I can't tell them now! They'll know I tried to get Michael to lie! They won't trust us! Jesus christ, Jeremy, what did you get yourself into?! FUCK.

          I kicked myself to clear my head, but I already felt that I started shaking a bit. Michael pretended to yawn to move closer to me without raising any suspicion. He gave me a worried glance as I looked around frantically. Rich and Jake hardly even noticed how close Michael and I were at this time, and they sure couldn't tell I was having a panic attack. But I had to keep looking up, still talking every now and then to lower their suspicions. It was dreadful, but I had to get through it.

          "Y-yeah. There is n-no.... W-what Michael said is t-true...." I barely choked out, hopefully sounding convincing to Rich and Jake.

"Alright, sure. Well what happened the first time Jake and I saw you two...." Rich chuckled a bit. "Straddling each other." His remark made Jake laugh as well.

"Alright, that was just a huge misunderstanding. You see.... Jeremy started tickling me, making me fall over. Pretty soon, I got giddy and pushed him over, crawling over him to tickle him.... accidentally s-straddling him in the process." Michael sounded pretty convincing for the most part.

"And that's why you two were just about to kiss?" Jake scoffed, earning a chuckle from Rich.

"Hey! We weren't- Okay, Jeremy was about to get up and you just walked in at an awkward time. We weren't doing anything. And since I already know you're going to ask, when you two decided to make out in the hallway, Jeremy and I were just really confused...." Michael trailed off, unsure if it was a viable lie.

          "Yeah, sure, Lovebirds. And what about when you two were making. Out." Rich smirked, cocking an eyebrow and his head, getting Jake to scoff.