Part 15

(Michael's POV)

          I slowly drove Jeremy back home. I held his hand the whole time, even when he fell asleep in the car. I carried Jeremy back to the dorm, laying him down on the soft carpet. I took off his shoes and brought a pillow under his head. I grabbed his favorite flannel blanket and curled up next to him, squeezing his hand.

          "I love you.... Jer." I whispered to myself.

          I quickly fell asleep, due to the long day and night. But that didn't last long. I woke up a few hours later, sitting up and gasping heavily.

          I quickly look to my left, luckily finding Jeremy still laying there, slightly moving and mumbling in his sleep. I sighed out of relief and tried to calm myself, knowing Jeremy is safe.

          It's okay, Michael. Jeremy is okay. He's safe. It was just a dream, he's fine. Thank god....

          I slowed my breathing and laid back down next to Jeremy, snuggling next to him.

          "You okay, Michael?" Jeremy yawned, slowly opening his eyes and wincing as he turned to face me.

          "Yeah, I'm good. I just had a nightmare, but I'm alright. But good morning, Love!" I smiled and hugged Jeremy as he let out a sharp breath, making me instantly let go. "Oh my god, sorry. I-I forgot about that. We gotta take care of your wounds." I sat up, helping Jeremy do the same.

          "Good morning. I'm sorry about you nightmare.... Do you wanna talk about it?" Jeremy asked as he sat up, turning to me.

          "We can talk about it later. You currently have glass stuck in your skin so we gotta take care of that first." I stood up, grabbing the first-aid kit and bring it back to Jeremy. "Here, lemme help you take your shirt off-" I immediately turned bright red and frantic as Jeremy gave me a smug look. "N-not like that! It-It'll be easier to tend to your wounds like that!" I quickly stuttered out, my face becoming progressively more red. I basically look like I just went to the beach for 37 hours and sat my face in the sun without using sunscreen.... That sounds about right.

          "Michael, it's fine! I was just joking, I know what you meant." Jeremy giggled, releasing some of my nerves.

          I stood up by Jeremy as he lifted his arms up, letting me peal his shirt off him. Let's just say what I saw was not comforting to look at.

          Jeremy's entire chest had small pieces of glass shoved into his skin, blood gushing out of some of the wounds. I resisted the urge to puke, shaking my head quickly. Jeremy turned pail as he looked down at himself, his eyes starting to roll back into his head.

          "Jeremy! Stay with me, Jer! It's okay! Just think about.... think about your favorite memory!" I quickly said, putting a hand lightly on the back of Jeremy's head, keeping him upright and fanning him with the other.

          When he was able to sit up on his own, I quickly got him a glass of water. He gained the color in his face back shortly after, not looking down again. I pulled out some wet rags, bandages, tweezers, a magnifying glass, and some medicine.

          "So.... I do realize this is probably going to hurt a lot, and I don't have much to help with that, so here's some Tylenol? I hope it helps...." I said kind of nervously.

          "Thank you, Michael. I know it'll hurt, so I hope this helps. Oh! Could you also get some ice? If you hold it against the wound, it'll numb it a bit, so that'll help." Jeremy exclaimed while taking the medicine, a light bulb turning on inside my head.