Chapter 10

Almas;

I groaned slowly opening my eyes gently. I feel trembling headache and my body hurts very much. I looked slowly with my blurry vision and saw a figure applying something on my skin, I groan out each time the hand comes in contact with my skin.

"Shhhhh.. keep calm. I heard the person saying in faint voice.

Suddenly my vision began getting clearer by the passing seconds and I fully opened my eyes. This time the figure is not in sight.

"My Queen. You're awake! A familiar voice said and rushed over to the bed I lay on and knelt down at the front. Asibi? What is.. what?? Oh no. I'm in OnuhIduh's castle again!?? No! I thought and felt my heart tightened.

"Ohh my Queen! You scared everyone to death! We were done thinking you could ever make it out alive! Asibi said sobbing, but Allah healed you!

I nodded slightly feeling so angry! Why didn't i die? No! I'd rather die than living in this godforsaken spit of land! But how i got back here?

"How.. how did I get here? I stammered

"My Queen, OnuhIduh rushed you here. You see., my Queen something I've never experienced or seen ever since my 15 years of service here happened the day you got sick. OnuhIduh was crying bitterly when he carried you in his arms to Yaya Mabe's block. He looked horrible. No one have ever seen him cry or weak, even if he was sick he never looked that bad.

What? Cried? Carried me in his arms ? Why he did that? He truly cared about me? He, he didn't abandoned me to die in the hands of those pathetic bandits? He came all the way to search for me and saved me?? But why? Confusion consumed my intellectual stability.

"But.. why he did all those things?? I asked asibi who gave me a confused stare.

"You're the Queen of IgalaMela, greatest of all Queens and most importantly, you're his beloved. She added smiling.

'No. I nodded continuously. I'm not his beloved I said angrily. Asibi eyes widened and she gasped and covered her mouth quickly.

"My Queen ! Do not say that again! OnuhIduh would die if he heard this from you. How could you say that? OnuhIduh has never cared for any woman the way he showed you care that day, not even his chief concubine Ebule Ele. You know.. that day OnuhIduh acted as though you were his life. Do you know he sent the rest of your maids and I away and took care of you? My eyes widen. I can't believe my ears. He Did? I felt cold and shivered to the thought of him taking care of me, showing me love before everyone in the palace. I began feeling butterflies in my stomach and smiled a little.

"Do you know OnuhIduh refused to eat when you were unconscious? And would scream Ebule Almas in his sleep. That made us all scared he was loosing his mind but Alhamdulillah you're okay again and our great king is back to normal she concluded smiling brightly.

I became speechless , her voice kept rewinding in my head, everything she said doesn't make sense, at least not completely. Was he acting up? Was he?

"My Queen. OnuhIduh gave instruction that he should be informed immediately after you've woken up asibi stood up quickly. I must send guards to unyi ujeju cause today is OjoUjeju AmOnuh. She said and bowed then existed.

OnuhIduh care for me? For real? It's considered as a taboo in the kingdoms if OnuhAmonu's tears is ever seen. But he.. he shed them for me, scared I would die? I closed my eyes out of frustration slowly recalling what OnuhIduh said while I was laying helplessly in the woods. He was begging me with tone filled with hurt, begging me to stay with him. Yes! He was weeping like a little child, his eyes were furious. He showed genuine care and love for me.