chapter1

On hearing the noise of squashing swords hitting each other and the chaotic atmosphere, I ran into the woods and hide behind a big tree. I began panting uncontrollably staring at my burnt village. Oh my Asiri! I whispered as tears began falling from my eyes.

The Iduh king and his soldiers invaded my village four days ago. So many people were killed, very few escaped, wonded and houses burnt down. I sob silently at the horrific sight before me. All my loved ones perished. I don't even know if my family is alive or not.

I had sneaked out of the kingdom for fresh air in the woods, and told my maid halima to cover up for me so my absent won't be known in the palace. On returning back to the castle. I saw the royal carriages rushing out of the palace and fire balls hitting the high walls. People screams filled the air. They left without me?? Oh Allah! Maybe they thought I was dead. I gasped and ran back to the woods

The thought of not seeing my family ever again weaken my legs and I fell uncontrollably down on the dry autumn leaves making a sound where I was hiding.

"Who's there??? Some group of the Iduh king's soldiers said walking towards my direction. I quickly covered my mouth could barely even breath and stood still silently praying I won't be caught.

They searched the tree closed to the bush I was hiding. Suddenly I felt fainty. My whole body weakens. I staggered, all my attempts to remain hidden in the bush failed as I fell down reveling my legs on the clear ground.

I felt someone grabbing my legs and dragged me from the bush. I was aware my body was lifted from the floor. " please st-stop" I said silently and doubt if I was even heard. Soon everything went black.

************************************

"Almas!?? I heard mother calling me from afar.

"Mother!!!? I called back standing in a strange place sweating uncontrollably. Everything was black and the background filled with roars and groans of men at war but I couldnt see anyone. It was like a dark blank space. I saw strange images, I saw myself going to the market with halima, dancing joyfully on my way going. I saw mother caressing my cheeks and smiling. I could see my friend Rilya splashing water on my face while taking a royal bath at the stream at the back of the palace. I sat on a tiny rock in the flowing water and I quickly turned away but I felt nothing, I didn't feel water on my skin.

I don't understand if am awake or sleeping. I became confused. I struggled to wake up but I was too tired for that.

Faces flashes before me, people crying and been slaughtered by the king's soldiers. Women cried and calling out for their children. I tried to reach out to the people but couldn't move. I watched the scene before me in tears. The images and noise was too fast and loud. I wanted it to end at once.

I felt someone's hand caressing my cheeks, this time it wasn't mother's, the hand was hard and large. Again that hand brushed my arms lightly tickling me.

I saw myself standing in a black place. Mother's voice continued calling out for me. But her voice was far away and echoes until it faded.

I was confused. Everything went to total nothingness. "Mother!!???? I screamed and my eyes opened.

I forced them to open completely now aware of the pain around my wrist and legs. I made attempts to reach out for my legs but couldn't. I heard the clanking sound of a chain. This made my eyes completely opened, I stared at the room I was, the stony walls, candles lighted. I looked down at my legs and they were chained to a table which I lay on. I gasped. my body filled with pain.

"Help me! Where am I? Please somebody! I began crying slowly looking around.

After sometimes, the door opened and stood a man staring at me deeply. I stared back and silently prayed he won't kill me.

Thank you for reading and voting. Next chapter will be posted tomorrow inshaAllah.

*CHIEF💕