Newt felt his face growing warm, and he shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot. Tina, too, was looking self-conscious, and she blushed. "Okay, we, um– should probably start heading back to the apartment, then?"

       "Just a second!" Jacob protested. "Queenie and I haven't had a chance to say hi to Newt yet, you've been hogging him all to yourself!"

       The baker laughed as Newt and Tina both blushed furiously. "Kidding, of course," he added. 

       "Let's go back," Queenie said, still giggling. "We can catch up on the way."

       They headed towards the brownstones. It was snowing lightly now, the flakes landing soundlessly on the neatly paved sidewalk. Newt fell in step beside Tina, and felt an unexpected tingle of delight pass through him as she did not move away. He remembered when she had been distant with him last time, and was glad that she seemed to be over that now. If anything, Tina seemed positively bursting with joy and excitement, something that he rarely saw from her, as the side she usually displayed to the world was composed and level-headed. But Newt knew better. He knew that side of Tina was just the surface, the side she felt most comfortable in. He related to her, as he was never really truly himself unless it was around people that he trusted and loved. He knew that Tina also had another side to her, a side that was ferocious yet unbelievably kind and understanding, alongside an unrelenting drive to do what was right.

       Newt had glimpsed this side of her on rare occasions, and he found that it was one of the things that pulled him so magnetically towards her. It was a trait they both shared, the hidden personality behind the cover-up that the rest of the universe saw. Tina, in his eyes, was truly amazing, and he doubted that he would meet another person who was so moral. 

       Newt glanced over at her, and noticed that she had taken her hat off. Dots of snow were now embedded in her hair, and as they melted, they were immediately replaced by fresh ones. A thin layer of snow dusted her coat, and he couldn't help but think that she looked like an angel that had just descended from heaven.

       "So, Newt," Jacob's voice jerked him away from his thoughts. Flushing, Newt sincerely hoped that Queenie had not been dropping by in his mind. "How long are you going to stay for when the wedding's over?"

       Newt sensed Tina glance sideways at him. He hesitated. "I'm not sure, actually," he said. "Congratulations, by the way."

       Both Jacob and Queenie beamed at him. "Aw, you're sweet," Queenie said.

       Newt blushed faintly at the comment, but knew that this was just normal behavior from Queenie, who tended to call everyone sweet whenever they said something nice. 

       "How's that second edition of your book coming along?" Tina asked Newt.

       Thinking  about his book made him feel inspired, and excited, too. Tina, who seemed to know that this was his passion, flashed him a knowing glance that made him feel hopelessly limp all over. 

       "Well it's coming along very well, actually. I'm thinking that adding more American beasts would be nice, since there are so many," Newt replied.

       "I'll be ready to craft some new creature-shaped pastries then," Jacob joked. 

       "So what made you decide to have your wedding in the winter?" Newt inquired. He thought that a wedding in the winter made a nice change for once, and that it was a rather uncommon idea. His thoughts flew to Leta, who had insisted on a wedding in May. Even though Theseus hadn't protested, Newt knew that he had been disappointed, and he felt angry on his brother's behalf.

       "We really just couldn't wait," Queenie answered. "And we wanted it to be memorable, so we decided, why not have it right now?"

       Tina nodded. "Yes, you should have seen the look on Queenie's when she told me Jacob had asked her to marry him. I honestly don't think she can wait another moment," she laughed.

       Newt found himself replaying her laughter inside her head. It wasn't repetitive, or forced, but rather natural. He smiled slightly, then laughed out of the blue himself, for a reason he couldn't particularly comprehend.

       Jacob looked at him quizzically. "You okay, Newt? Haven't been bitten by one of your crazy creatures, have you?"

       Newt grinned. "No, of course not."

       The group of friends fell into a comfortable silence as they walked on. It was snowing harder now, and they all looked like as if they'd just been rolling around in the snow. Newt shot a quick glance to his side, where Tina was walking. She seemed to have drawn closer to him, or was it just his imagination?

       They walked on, and soon enough, they reached the brownstones. Entering the one the housed the Goldstein sisters, the crept silently up the staircase, and Tina answered Mrs. Esposito with a yes when she called up to ask if the brunette was alone.

       Queenie unlocked the door, and they all stepped in. A rush of warmth swept over Newt, and he looked around to see that the fire had been magically lit. The apartment looked as welcoming as ever, and it was tidy, but slightly unorganized at the same time. The cushions on the couch had been stacked haphazardly, magazines were strewn across the coffee table, but overall, everything was still neat and had a warm feeling to it. Though Newt had only been at the Goldsteins' residence twice before, when he saw Tina smiling at him, he felt as though he had returned home.

Newt's back in New York! This chapter was a longer one, just because I haven't done one in a while. And wow, this story is #2 on the Newtina rankings already! Thank you all so much for your support, it's what's gotten me motivated on some days when I don't feel like uploading. I appreciate it so much, and I know all people say this, and that you can't really love a stranger, but I love you all anyways (Cliché, I know, but you guys mean a lot to me) Thank you for reading as always, and stay tuned for tomorrow's chapter! :)