Is this the hunger gamers or what?

Start from the beginning

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why I'm writing about what can never happen, telling my dream that I'll never reach. ( this is the part where Magnus tells me that's that's not true! He and Alex are able to help homeless people and give them safety and provide food and a non judgmental environment. Dream accomplished! That is why I'm writing this in my room, alone, because I don't need to hear it right now.)

Magnus once told the world, " Whatever, I don't need your sympathy." And now I'm telling you the same thing. I later learn that I have a few similarities to my dad, we both like to run, (yeah XC!) and we can take care of ourselves. Although friends like my hall mates can never hurt.

I picked myself up off the floor and dragged myself to the bathroom. It was huge, with a jacuzzi sized bathtub, double vanity, standing glass shower and toilet fit for a king. A chandelier sparkled above me and the light blue walls were rid of holes I punched in them. I took off my paint crusted shirt and examined myself in the mirror, surprised to see the toned stomach muscles. I was strong, but I never had visible abs.

I stood in the shower, watching the paint wash smoothly off me and circle down the drain. I rinsed my long hair and dried off quickly. I had never been a fan for long showers. It made me feel pruny.

I wrapped myself in a fluffy Valhalla robe. Smelling like mint and lemon body wash. Letting my hair down, feeling the cool drip of the water droplets down my skin.  I went into my walk in closet, leaving the door ajar. I rummaged through the drawers and racks hung with clothes. I stopped to look at the dresses, it looked exactly like the one I wore to homecoming.

I glared at it, feeling the urge to destroy it and all the bad memories that came with. That night was the night I lost my best friend, and what's worse, I don't miss him. I twirled around looking for something with a sharp edge. I opened a tall cabinet to find it full of various weapons. I grabbed the nearest knife, the dress, and walked back to the fireplace in the living room.

I ripped the sea green fabric to shreds, throwing it into the fire and watching it burn for a minute. That night needed no reminder, I could never forget it.

I went back into the closet and put on comfy black running leggings and a Green Valhalla T-shirt that fit me perfectly. I tied my now dry hair into a messy bun, per usual and clocked out on my bed before I could even get under the sheets.

After the dream I had the night I died I was even more shocked that I didn't have the usual demigod dreams. Maybe being exhausted enough battled the visions away. Instead I got a dream of past memories. Homecoming to be specific. I won't share that quite yet though, it's not important.

I am heavy sleeper, so don't ask me how I managed to wake up at the sound of knocking on my door. I rubbed my face as I made my way to the living room/foyer/atrium. I was tempted to shout, come in! until I realized that I was the only one who could open the door.

I turned the knob and it was no shocker to see Magnus standing out in the hall, Jack around his neck as a pendant. I was slightly curious how he managed to track him down, I got the sense that the Sword of Summer was a free spirit that went wherever.

His nose and cheeks were bright red, looking like he had been nipped by some cold wind. Boston turns cold pretty early in the year.

He gave me a brief once over and smiled. "Had a good nap?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said, gesturing for him to come inside. I shut the door and turned to look at him. "I didn't have any weird dreams like I normally do so that was nice. Is it time to do that combat, battle thingy?"

He nodded, waving me toward the direction of my closet. "Yeah, lets go find you a weapon."

I followed after him. "Oh, so what I'm wearing is proper fighting attire?"