Four

I walk into the living room, looking at a worrying Andy.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, sitting right next to him.

"I just want to know, did I scare her?" He asked.

"No, you didn't. She just didn't know you, and she didn't know what to do, so she just ran out and got in her car and came here. Trust me, she wanted to meet you. She is just new at this whole 'meeting new people' thing. Back in Florida, her grandma kept her locked up in the house because she was afraid that she would run away." I said.

"Thanks," he smiled. "Really, thanks. Ever since I got here, you've been the nicest to me, and you have really made me feel at home," he said, leaning in closer. We stared at each other for a minute, when Sophia came in the room.

"Hey, how do I look?" She said. Obviously she noticed that we were really close to each other and must've thought we were going to kiss or something, because that's when she ran back into my room and didn't come back out.

"Oh no," I said, running to the kitchen, grabbing my keys and running out the door.

"What?" Andy asked, following me into my car.

"She ran away. We have to find her. She could be anywhere. She could be lost, and afraid. She doesn't know her way around Canada!!!! Why did this have to happen? Why? I could have let her go to the bathroom and change, and not have this happen! Ugh!" I said, pulling out of the driveway and taking off.

"Get my phone!" I said.

"Okay, what do you want me to do?" He asked, knowing of my stress.

"Call her. Call Sophia, tell her to come home. Or at least stop running and tell us where she's at. She'll only answer to you, because she's mad at me. Do it, before she turns her phone off!" I said. He did so, his voice calmer than mine.

"Sophia? Hey, can you do me a favor? Could you please come home? Yeah, yeah, I know, but listen. I want to talk to you. And I can't talk to you if you're not there to listen, now can I? So please, come home. You will? Oh, thank you! Thank you so much! Okay, see you there! Bye," he said, ending the call.

"She's coming home?" I asked, still very stressed.

"Yes, she is," he said.

"Oh, good," I said, relief flowing through me.

We pull up in the driveway, and when I turn the car off, I run straight into the house.

"Sophia!!!" I say, running to give her a big hug.

"Hey, Alex. Listen," she said, pulling back. "I'm sorry for running away, I-"

"I understand. It's okay. Hey, go play Minecraft. I have to have a talk with someone," I said, pointedly looking at Andy as he walked in.

"Hehe, okay." She said, going into my room, the door closing behind her.

"Hey, you okay?" He said. I shook my head, exhausted from stress. He pulls me closer, hugging me. I hug him back.

"Yeah, just stressed," I said, pulling away. "Wanna go to the park? We can play some games, and maybe even act like kids! It'll be fun!" I said, suddenly giddy.

"Sure, let me go grab my phone," he chuckled. I watched him walk into my room. I sat down on the couch, confused. What is the feeling I feel when I am around him? There are no butterflies, but that doesn't mean I don't have a crush on him. I mean, I'm not sure if I have a crush on him or not. I mean, I've always had this celebrity crush on him, but I never thought I would ever actually meet him! Hmm, I'll have to think about it later.

"Ready?" He asked, walking back into the room with his phone.

"Um, yeah, let's go. We're taking my car," I said.

"Okay," he said.

We walked out of the house and into my car. I turned the car on, and Andy turned the radio on. When I heard Justin Bieber start to sing, I say, "Hold on," and put the CD in and play it instead. Andy laughs when he recognizes the voice singing. The song is Perfect Weapon, a song we both know very well. Andy starts to sing along, as do I.

We sing the words, "Awake at night you focus,

On everyone whose hurt you,

Then write a list of targets,

Your violence lack of virtue.

"Leave us alone!

You're on your own!

Rrrraaa-Go!

"We are breathin',

While you're sleepin', go, (Go!)

And leave us alone,

The liars cheatin',

Our hearts beatin', go, (Go!)

And now you're on your own.

"Here's to your perfect weapon,

Crack bones with blind aggression,

Like birds whose wings are broken,

You live without direction.

"Leave us alone!

You're on your own!

"We are breathin',

While you're sleeping, go, (Go!)

And leave us alone,

The liars cheatin',

Our heart's beatin', go, (Go!)

And now you're on your own.

"GO!

GO!

GO!

GO!

And now you're on your own!

"GO!

GO!

And leave us alone!

"We are breathin',

While your sleepin', go, (Go!)

And leave us alone,

The liars cheatin',

Our heart's beating, go, (Go!)

And now you're on your own."

We get to the park, and it's packed full. We were lucky to find a parking spot. We turn off the car and get out.