Creed watched as Haze's curiosity changed to confusion, then a complete look of horror as he related the theory. Of course, it was only a theory, but based on the evidence it seemed pretty likely and it seemed Haze was getting that.

"Is this how it's always been?" he asked after a moment, looking deeply disturbed.

Creed nodded and turned to head into the mess hall. "I told you that Tsunami is dangerous and pretty mean, didn't I?" he asked, not sure if he had ever relayed that information.

"Yeah, you told me, but I thought he was just naturally a fighter. This is...more like psychotic."

"Well, we are assassins. I think it takes a certain level of insanity for that," Creed stated. He didn't really realize the truth of it until after he'd said it and it took a moment for him to process, but once it settled in he found himself mildly disturbed as well.

"Yeah, but you're...you're teens. Creed, the lot of you are only 14," Haze said, setting his hand on Creed's shoulder to stop him before they reached the line.

Creed looked up at him and nodded, swallowing hard a little. "I know," he said quietly and pulled away, slipping into line.

He was aware of Haze stepping into line behind him and he quietly gathered up his tray and went through the line, walking silently over to an empty table to wait for Haze. He glanced around the room, though, picking out the other three cadets from the crowds. Haze was right, they were only teens and already they were acting like psychotic killers. In short, they were murderers.

I don't want to be a murderer...he thought quietly, feeling his stomach sink.

Haze walked over and set down his tray of food before sitting down. "You good?" he asked, looking up at Creed as he picked up his fork.

Creed nodded quietly and broke his gaze away, shuddering a little internally before sitting down. "Yeah, just looking around," he said with a slight smile. Haze returned the smile and Creed felt some ease return.

"Hey, so you have another training session after this till about 8, correct? Then after that, what? All of your schedules change daily, I'm not sure I've got it quite down yet," Haze said.

"We have training review after dinner and then after that is individual practice. The 11 am, 1 pm, and 5 pm training sessions change consistently depending on what new skill we're learning or practicing, but 6 am will always be breakfast, 12 pm lunch, and 6 pm dinner, then 8 pm will always be individual practice and 9 am is always warm-ups/workouts," Creed told him.

Haze nodded, "Thank you. I think I'm allowed to help with individual training. Something you want to go over? You have Form Five down quite nicely, but I noticed you still struggle to parry against the later attacks for it."

Forking another bite of food into his mouth, Creed nodded. "Okay, sounds good to me," he said.

Haze smiled and nodded, then the both of them went back to eating in silence.

Training resumed as normal after dinner and Creed made it through training review without too much trouble and when they were done Haze pulled him aside for the individual practice. The other cadets headed off in their own directions. Tsunami and Zayne both left but 49 dragged out one of the bots to practice sparring with.

Creed has Haze, however, and he picked out a mat, waiting as Haze picked out a sword so the two of them could spar and work on his technique. When Haze finally chose one and walked over, Creed immediately dropped into the ready position. Haze did the same.

"Start with the basic attacks and parries?" Creed asked, waiting for Haze's cue.

"No, let's start in the middle. Head and shoulder attacks and parries. You're pretty good at those already you just need tweaking," Haze said.