Part Sixteen: The Kiss

Começar do início

***

"Lauren," Marissa greeted the woman. "You're alone?" She asked as she typed something on the computer, looking at Doctor Briggs appointments today. "Oh right. Your one on one session with Doctor Briggs is today and Camila's is next week."

The photographer nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, is Doctor Briggs in as yet?"

"No. She's running a bit late, why don't you take a seat?" The secretary gestured to the empty waiting room, besides for a couple who were too engrossed in bickering quietly, to notice someone else had taken a seat.

Lauren awkwardly cleared her throat and pulled out her phone. There were a bunch of notifications; mostly from Maggie tagging her in shit on Instagram. She scrolled through twitter for a bit and saw a tweet her sister had just tweeted.

@ thecoolerjauregui
Sometimes I feel like bread is the only thing I'll ever love

Lauren snorted loudly. Her sister had a tendency for tweeting dumb shit and always had a lot of retweets. She questioned the sanity of her fans.

Lauren closed the app and then decided to respond to Natasha.

Natasha: Are we still on for tonight?

Lauren: Why wouldn't we be?

Natasha: Just checking. I know you didn't want to leave your precious lil familia.

Lauren rolled her eyes and tucked her phone away. She knew her friend didn't mean it in a bad way. Natasha of all people would understand why she was willing to give up her dreams for her family.

It took a few minutes for Doctor Briggs to come in and a couple more until Lauren's appointment began.

"Good morning, Lauren. How are you today?" The therapist asked as she grabbed her clipboard and iPad.

Lauren shrugged. "I'm doing alright. Just a bit excited slash nervous about a job I have later. I'll be heading to Milan."

Chelsea nodded. "And Camila? What does she think about you having to go?"

"She actually wanted me to. She was really supportive about the whole thing," Lauren smiled. Between the two, Camila seemed like the one who was actually living out her dreams. Sure, Lauren was happy being a photographer but she had turned down so many opportunities for her family. She was finally happy that she didn't have to turn down this one.

Doctor Briggs wrote in her clipboard and flipped the page stopping on their assignment. "What about your assignment? How did that play out?"

The photographer awkwardly ran her fingers through her hair. "I actually didn't make the list. I didn't feel like it was necessary to make something like that. I love everything about her."

Being in love with someone meant that you took the good with the bad. The ugly as well; just look at Beyoncé for example. But sometimes, there's the littlest of things that irk you about your partner.

Doctor Briggs smiled. "Oh really? There's nothing about Camila that you don't like?"

"I mean...she isn't the best listener. Not that she won't listen to me. She hogs the bed. I kind of forgot about that because we hadn't slept with each other for so long, but she's also an amazing cuddle buddy," Lauren rambled. It seemed as though even though the things about Camila that annoyed her, she always found the bright side of it.