"You're going to regret this."

[Corinna]

I hear someone's voice, but it sounds far away - almost as if it's a figment of my imagination.

"Wake up, sunshine." The voice says.

It sounds closer now. Scrunching my eyebrows together, I shift my head to the side, not listening to the voice. 

"No, five more minutes." I mumble.

"Don't say I didn't try to be nice." The voice says with a sigh. I hear some shuffling, but don't pay any attention to it as I try to get some sleep. I already know what happens. This is how Mark always wakes me up.

Wait.

Mark? That's not right.

I tear my eyes open just before Rumlow pours a bucket of ice-cold water on me.

"What the hell is your problem?" I screech after spitting out a mouth full of water. I try to get up but I can't. Looking down at my body, I see that my arms and legs are cuffed to the railings of a bed. "I'm going to kill you!" I seethe, staring daggers at him.

"Yeah, you've been saying that for two weeks now, yet here I am." Rumlow replies, dragging a chair to my bedside. "Mark sends his best wishes. He would be here right now, but his memories seem to be coming back, so they had to put his brain back into the blender." Rumlow explains as he rolls up his sleeves.

My heads hits the wet, flimsy pillow as I stare up at the white, pristine ceiling. Mark was getting his memories back? That means that what I told him yesterday must've triggered it! "Blender...?" I ask after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah, to wipe him." Rumlow replies simply.

I turn my head to face him, my eyes almost popping out of their sockets. 

"No, no, no." I say to myself as I look past Rumlow. No, they can't wipe him! I struggle against the cuffs, pulling my arms as hard as I can, hoping that they'd break. A high-pitched scream leaves my body as I continue to struggle against my restraints. "You guys are all sick in the head! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Okay, that's enough." Rumlow says as he gets up from his chair. He pushes it to the side and opens the door that's at the foot of my bed. Two other men file in. My eyes fall on the chained cuffs that one of them is holding.

"No!" I scream, kicking my legs so that the agents can't get a hold of my legs.

"Shut up, Chen. You're really getting on my nerves." Rumlow snaps. He waves a taser in front of my face and I immediately shut my mouth. I frown at the device in his hand, hoping that it would somehow burst into flames. It doesn't.

Biting down on my cheeks, I watch as the agents uncuff me from the bed before cuffing me to the chained cuffs that connect my arms and legs through a thick, bulky metal chain.

"Get up." Rumlow orders.

Gritting my teeth, I do as he says, scowling at him in the process. The two agents each grab me by my arm before roughly pushing me forward. I shuffle my feet, not being able to walk properly since the cuffs are inhibiting me from being able to lift my feet. 

"Where are we going?" I ask as we step into the empty hallway. 

I notice that it's lined with multiple doors on each side. One end of the hall leads to an elevator, while the other side is just a plain white wall. The floor, ceiling, and doors are all painted white. I feel like I'm in a hospital with the lack of color in this place. 

"You guys need to hire an interior designer. This place is really sad to look at." I mutter as we make our way down the hall where the elevator is.