"I had to threaten him with my metal arm. He was being too difficult."

"It's like people don't know the concept of using a door."

-----

[Corinna]

I pull the key out of the door knob, pushing the door open as I stuff the keys back into my pocket. Throwing my bag to the side, I take my boots off before heading into the kitchen for a glass of water.

Even though I didn't do anything particularly tiring today, I feel like I'm 2 seconds away from falling asleep on the kitchen floor. I know it has something to do with staying up the night before to wipe away any evidence of a dead person. But still, to say that I need sleep is an understatement. At this point, if I sleep for a month, I know it won't be enough.

I pull out a glass cup from my cupboard before walking over to the faucet to fill it up with water. As I bring the cup to my mouth, I feel a slight breeze causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up.

I don't remember leaving any of my windows open...

Slowly, I walk over to the knife set that's sitting on the countertop before reaching for the largest knife. Setting the glass cup on the counter, I exit the kitchen, cautiously entering the hallway before walking towards the living room.

With my back against the wall, I slowly lean over and scan the living room. My eyes immediately notice the half open window on the other side of the room, my grip on the knife becoming little tighter as I  slowly hold it up.

I wait a couple of seconds before turning the lights on in the living room, getting ready to face who ever it is that's decided to break into my apartment - again. Expecting the worst, I instinctively bring my arm back, getting ready to throw the knife at the intruder. But as the light hits the intruder that's standing on the far side of the living room, my arm freezes mid-throw.

Standing across from me is the metal armed psychopath - also known as Bucky.

"Bucky?" I say in disbelief as I look at the half open window before looking back at him with a frown. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how he entered my apartment.

Cautiously, I take a step towards him, my grip on the knife tightening once again as I watch him carefully. His shaggy brown hair peeking out from the grey hood that he has on, his hands resting inside the pocket of his hoodie as he watches me with a blank expression.

Did HYDRA get to him? Is The Winter Soldier standing in my living room?

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my voice slightly hardening as he continues to watch me silently.

"You lied." Bucky replies after a couple of seconds, his eyes slightly narrowing as he observes me.

"Lied?" I repeat with a frown. "I barely said ten words to you to lie."

"You said we never met. We did - in DC." He explains, his voice void of any emotion.

"Damn it." I whisper to myself. Trisha must've told him. Damn her for putting me in this weird position. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that minor detail." I reply with an awkward laugh, folding my arms over my chest, making sure I still had a good grip on the knife.

I look away from his gaze and concentrate on his hands that are resting inside his pockets. I warily watch him, expecting him to pull out a weapon, but his hands remain in his pockets and he continues to look at me with a blank expression.

"Well... are you going to say something?" I ask in irritation, my patience wearing thin. All I wanted to do was come home from a long day of teaching to sleep. But of course, that's not what the universe wants.