"Get out, asshole,"

[Corinna]

"So...are we just going to ignore the fact that you thought you could hide Jay's betrayal from me?" Trisha asks, glancing at me before turning her attention back to the road.

I open my mouth to reply before closing it. What am I supposed to say? So I settle for a halfhearted shrug instead.

"As someone who cares for you deeply, I'm going to say this even if you don't want to hear it." Trisha starts off, "You can't expect to protect everyone, Corinna. It's just not possible - whether it's me, your family, or even Bucky. You're going to get yourself killed if you keep thinking that you can."

I look out the window with a slight frown. I know that I can't protect everyone, but I have to try. That's why I joined S.H.I.E.L.D. in the first place. To prevent the bad guys from succeeding in their twisted, hate fueled plans.

"I really thought not telling you was the best thing to do, Trisha. I didn't want you going down that destructive path again. I can't see you like that." I admit, crossing my arms over my chest as I watch the black van in front of us make a right.

Trisha doesn't say anything as she slows down to turn as well. I lean forward in my seat as I continue to observe the black van.

"Don't turn. Let's just keep an eye on them from here." I announce as I squint my eyes to get a better view of what is going on.

Within seconds, we've pulled up to the side of a slightly empty street. There are a few cars driving, but the sidewalks are empty for the most part.

"I get that you're trying to keep me safe, but that's not your call to make - especially if HYDRA is involved." Trisha finally replies.

I turn to look at her with a sigh before nodding my head. "Yeah, I get that now. I'm sorry Trish, I really am."

She smiles at me before grabbing my hand to give it a reassuring squeeze, "I know. Just don't do it again, okay?"

I nod my head before turning to look back at the van.

"So what's the plan?" Trisha asks looking out the window.

"I'm only here for Jay and Rumlow. If there's a chance of even getting to one of them, I'm taking it. So for now, we just have to be patient."

"You're not going to like ... kill them, right?" Trisha asks in uncertainty.

"That's the last resort. Especially for Jay since I wanna have a chat with him. I really don't care for Rumlow, though. I would shoot that piece of shit in a heartbeat." I mutter as I take my sniper out of my duffel bag.

I bring my sniper up to look through the scope and see a few unfamiliar men exiting the van.

"Come on, where are you?" I mumble as I slowly move my gun to find Jay. Then suddenly, I spot a familiar dirty blonde mane stepping out of the van. "I found Jay," I inform, still peering through the scope.

"Shooting isn't an option, there's too many people. We're going to have to wait until he's alone." Trisha comments.

I sit back with a sigh, not liking the sound of having to sit around when I have a clear shot, "I know." I turn towards Trisha with a frown, "So what happened back at Tony's? Did they figure out how to stop the talking robot?"

"It's not technically a robo-" Trisha stops what she's saying when she notices my "are you kidding me" look, "Ok, whatever. And no, they were still arguing when I left."

"Does Bucky know?" I ask quietly, avoiding Trisha's eyes.

"No, I didn't tell anyone."

I nod my head in relief and give her a thankful smile.