"I mean, I could wait for karma to get him, but what's the fun in that?"

"God damn right you should be scared of me."

-----

[Corinna]

I tap my foot against the carpeted floor impatiently as I wait for Trisha to pick up the call. After last night's unexpected visitor, I've been trying to reach Trisha on her phone, but she's been ignoring them.

"Trisha Marie Stevens, I swear to god if you don't pick up the call right this instant, I'm going to tell Jay how you feel about him!" I threaten as I stare out the window.

"You wouldn't." Trisha replies seconds later.

"Try me honey." I say with a satisfied smirk. Guess I should've started with the realistic threats.

"Listen, I know you're mad about me telling Bucky -"

"Mad? I'm not mad. I feel bad for Bucky. You told him I got a concussion, 3 broken ribs, a sprained ankle, and a broken wrist because of D.C.! You made the poor guy feel like shit Trisha!" I interrupt as I wave my free hand frantically.

"Wait, since when did you care about how the metal armed freak felt? Is Corinna Chen's ice cold heart finally melting?" Trisha teases.

"Shut up, that's not the point. The point is, you made him feel bad okay? It was so awkward, I felt like jumping out of the window to get myself out of the situation. For one of HYDRA's greatest assassins, he looked like a sad giant puppy Trisha!"

I wait for Trisha to say something reassuring, but instead, I hear her laughing on the other side of line. I scowl at the wall in front of me as I wait for her to stop so that I can tell her how much I didn't appreciate her laughing at my problem.

"I can't believe it. Your ice cold heart is finally starting to melt and the ironic thing is that a guy named The Winter Soldier is doing all of this." Trisha says between giggles.

I roll my eyes at this, but decide to remain silent. My heart was never ice cold, I just...chose not to care so much about people after Mark's death. I realized that it was too exhausting. It made being a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent easier since I didn't have anyone or anything stopping me from performing my best during missions.

"Okay, relax Corinna, I was just joking. I can hear you fuming through the phone." Trisha says finally.

"Whatever." I grumble.

"Anyways, I was thinking that we should tell Jay and Coulson about Jonathon. They deserve to know. Especially Jay, since Jon and him went to the academy together."

"I was thinking the same thing. You wanna go tomorrow after I'm done with work?" I reply as I inspect my bruised knuckles.

"Sounds good to me. You wanna bring Bucky along?" Trisha teases.

"You want me to tell Jay how you really feel about him?" I deadpan.

"Okay, okay, I was just joking. No need to tell Jay about my feelings. The last thing I need is his ego to inflate." Trisha replies.

An obnoxious snort leaves my mouth before replying, "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, I have some papers to grade that I've been procrastinating on."

"Alright, good night. Don't dream about Bucky." Trisha says before ending the call.

I stare at my phone in disbelief, the nerve of her! It's like she wants me to tell Jay.

With a sigh, I chuck my phone to the side before stomping into my kitchen to make myself a sandwich.