Epilogue, Part 4: perfect

Naeun's P.O.V

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was always sure that the only thing I really desired for my wedding was the right person waiting at the end of the aisle but as I looked at my reflection in the mirror I couldn't help but want that day to be the most beautiful in my life.

The curtain was lifted and my friends stared in awe and then applauded loudly expressing their approval for this wedding dress.

"Unnie, you're so beautiful!" Yina-ya exclaimed and Hayoung-ah nodded excitedly and acted as if she was crying wiping her thumb over her eye.

"Its definitely pretty..." I said and stroked the many layers of silk decorated with white little flowers. "But I think I'd like something simpler."
I tried to straighten out the puffed up skirt which reached the floor but it wouldn't stop standing up proudly according to its form.
Then I shyly proceeded to cover my cleavage which was showing way too much skin.

They all nodded approvingly. It was my wedding and my opinion after all.
So in I went again and a new simpler dress was put on me.

This one was truly simple. It didn't have any decorations at all. Instead it was purely white and kind of reminded me of a bandage wrapped around my entire body.
The neckline was more comfortable but the dress was so tight at the top and only opened at the bottom making me want to walk around like a penguin.

"Can I choose a dress?" Hayoung-ah suggested to the shop helpers.
They only nodded hestitantly. They had definitely chosen pretty dresses and the others assured me that they all looked great but they just weren't to my taste.
Hayoung-ah then followed me behind the curtain and picked out one dress to change into while she looked for other ones.

I then changed into a very common wedding dress. A simple white dress without sleeves which touched the ground and was decorated with simple embroidery.
"This would be to my liking but it's very common and I...," I hesitated a little to say something so arrogant. "I don't want to look like any other bride. It feels boring. I want to look special on my wedding."

My friends all laughed at my comment but agreed that I should look as best as I can on my wedding day and closed the curtain again so I could try another one on.

Then Hayoung-ah made me try on a dress with short sleeves which fell to the ground elegantly in a few layers.
"Naeun-ah, you look like a Greek goddess!" Bomi-unni exclaimed.
I stared at the ground shyly but I surely liked the compliment. Thr dress's style reminded me of the dress I wore at the wedding photoshooting with oppa ten years ago.

"Unnie! This is perfect!" Hayoung-ah exclaimed from beside the curtains. With a quick motion she closed the curtains making the others boo jokingly and pulled me to another dress. It strangely reminded me of a photoshooting I did in our earlier days.

The dress had no sleeves but only wide straps which softly layed on my shoulders and the cleavage wasn't too revealing.
The soft silk of the dress fell in few layers and touched the ground softly. It wasn't too showy. Actually it wasn't showy at all. It was rather simple and I smiled in delight when the curtain was lifted.

I looked up and smiled with my mouth open signaling my friends that I didn't need any opinions on this dress. This was the one!

It was a bit long but if I paid enough attention I wouldn't steps on it and fall.
But I knew this was the one I wanted and was going to wear.

After paying for the dress and getting my measurements taken, I pulled all of them to the cafe next door to give them their wedding invitations and treat them for their efforts as well.

"Ah but we should treat you!" Yina-ya said. "To congratulate you on your marriage."
"It's okay. I'll treat you guys! For helping me today," I insisted and told the cashier I would pay with my card.

"By the way, did you open a new account?" Eunkyung-ah asked. "It's the first time I saw somebody who had their account number written on a piece of paper."

I laughed nervously.
"Actually it isn't mine," I admitted embarrassed. "I actually told him I could pay for it myself but he insisted that I take his card. He said that everything he owned would be mine anyway..."
I really didn't care about money but that he had trusted me with his card still meant a lot.

"Somehow it feels like you're marrying a chaebol instead of a singer," Hayoung-ah laughed.
They all laughed along and Yina-ya commented, "Well, what did you expect? She's not marrying any singer. She's marring Lee Taemin!"

"Most importantly Naeun-unni is marrying the man she loves. I'm so proud of you," Hayoung-ah congratulated once more.
I smiled at her, "You act as if you're older or something."

"So you have a wedding dress. You have the invitations. What about rings? Already bought them?"
I shook my head. "We're going to buy them tomorrow. Together with Chorong-unni and..."
"And 'brother in law'" Hayoung-ah interrupted me grinning.
"You don't have to say it like that! We were all present at the wedding!" I reminded her.

"Key-oppa complained about their maknae getting married first when we visited them," I giggled.
"Well, good thing Chorong-unni already got married," Hayoung-ah sighed. "I have no idea when I will finally find the one."

"You'll make it. Don't worry, you're still in your twenties," I patted her back comfortingly.

This felt like a filler chapter somehow. I guess it is. So next chapter will be Chorong and their 'brother in law'. I used a popular ship because I did read a few of that ship's stories and they are cute.
Look forward to it!

And if anyone's interested, this item dress I had in mind when I described her dress: