Chapter 42: I don't want to let go

Taemin's P.O.V

"Excuse me, are you the singer Lee Taemin?" two girls, who had been whispering and discreetly pointing at us for a while now, asked in English.

"Yes," oppa answered and turned around to see who had asked. "Could we take a photo with you?" they pleaded to him completely disregarding me. He smiled politely and let go of my hand.

They went to a less crowded space on the Plaza full of tourists, tourist guides, street vendors and police officers keeping the crowd in check.

I suppressed a sigh and stepped aside and soon realized that two boys mirroring my expression standing next to me were waiting for the girls.

A soft chuckle left my lips as the boys' expressions got more annoyed with every photo taken.

They finally noticed me and looked my way, then back to oppa and the girls and back at me.

"Is he your boyfriend?" they asked slowly with an accent marking their English.

I nodded.
"Your girlfriends?" I asked as well.
They nodded as well and one of the boys cutely blushed and looked to the ground shyly.

"Who? With pink dress or blue?" I asked slowly and tried my best to hide my accent.
"Mana. Blue," the blushing boy answered.

I laughed at his shyness. "Short time? When date?" I tried to ask him when they started dating.

"Two weeks!" his friend answered for him proudly and held up two fingers as well.
"Congratulations," I said and was glad I knew the word.
"What about you and him? For how long have you dated?" he asked me.
"Two years... in September," I replied cursing my mind for forgetting either 'soon' or 'almost' in English.

They both wowed at the amount of days I spent as his girlfriend.
"So he treats you right?" they asked and I was a little confused. They got the sign and explained with other words, "He's nice? You like him? He loves you?"

This time it was my turn to blush but I nodded anyway.
"He's busy. Very busy, but I love him."

I looked up and discovered the giddy expression I had earlier when they talked about their girlfriends on their faces.

After a while oppa and the girls came to us.
"You found friends already?" he asked amused.
"Kind of," I answered and laughed.

We bid goodbye to the others while the girls were still eyeing me skeptically.

I sighed. In the end, not everybody will come to like you. I just wished more people liked me.
.
.
.
"We will now start the tour. I am your guide, Oliver. Pleased to meet you. I hope we'll have a fun time together," the tour guide introduced himself with a British accent.

"I can't possibly remember all names, so please don't feel offended when I only call you 'you'. But still let's just see where everybody comes from. Who's from Europe?"
A few people raised their hands and stated their country as well.

"Anyone from America?" he asked and two couples raised their hands.
In the end we were the only ones left.
"The I guess you're from Asia?" he asked.
"That's right," oppa confirmed.
"Which country?"
"South Korea."

"Wow, South Korea! Is it your first time in Spain?" he asked.
"For work," oppa stated curtly.
"Yeah? You've been in Spain for work from South Korea? Wow, what kind of work do you do?" he asked and started the tour while still talking to oppa.

"I'm a singer," oppa answered simply.
"Oh, a singer, wow! So are you a K-pop singer? I heard about some boygroups from friends."
They started a conversation and oppa tried his best to keep up with his English knowledge. He surely had difficulties keeping up but managed to hold a proper conversation with the guide who spoke and asked about different cultures enthusiastically.

I watched him in awe as I trudged alongside him. He was very focused on his conversation but not once did he let go of my hand keeping me close by his side.

Soon it was getting hotter and our hands sweaty from the heat.
I tugged on his hand while the tour guide talked and explained a sight to the group.

"My hand's so sweaty," I complained quietly.
"Does it bother you?"
I nodded shyly. I was also a little embarrassed. In Korea this never happened. But in Korea we can't hold hands in public either.

"But I don't want to let go," he returned with a hint of aegyo. "Do you mind just ignoring it? I want to keep holding your hand. I don't mind that they're sweaty."

In response I squeezed his hand tightly signaling that it was fine to keep holding hands.
I looked away trying to hide my giddy grin. Was it weird how a guy who was older than me has looked cute to me more than just once?
.
.
.
"Okay, that's it for our tour. Thank you for your attention. I hope you have a great stay here in Malaga!" the tour guide ended the tour.

Everyone clapped and said their goodbyes before they went on their own ways.

"It was really nice to meet you!" the tour guide told oppa in the end.
"Yeah, it was great talking with you," oppa replied and they shook hands once.
After that oppa went on to say goodbye to a few other people he had managed to talk with leaving me there with the tour guide.

"I hope you enjoyed the tour," he said politely.
I nodded and gave him a smile, "It was great. Thank you."
"It was too bad you didn't say a lot," he added. "You totally looked like you needed protection from your boyfriend 24/7 and would be lost without him."

He laughed at...the thought? Or at me? I wasn't sure. I was sure he just said it like that. In a friendly way. With no harm intended. But for some reason his words struck me like lightning and wouldn't let me go for the rest of the trip.