Chapter 9: All or Nothing

Start from the beginning

Marina: (Y/N)? Are you in the bathroom?

No response.

She saw a note on the bed. She set the cereal down to go pick up, and read the letter.

----------

Dear Marina and/or Pearl,

Don't worry, I'm fine. I have some VERY important work to do today, so I decided to leave early, to get a head-start. I hope you aren't upset. I thought I could use the fresh air.

Your Friend,

(Y/N)

----------

Marina: Of course. He went back to mystery-nowhere for this job he does... *Sigh* And my plan went so perfectly.

Marina took the cereal, and ate it herself.

Marina: Well *Munch* it shouldn't go to waste. *Munch*

Marina just sat downstairs watching TV, eating cereal, while waiting for Pearl to get up.

~~~

Pearl: Marina!

Pearl ran downstairs. Her footsteps sounding much like when a child hears food is ready

Pearl: You rigged my alarm.

Marina: Eeeyup.

Pearl: What did you do? Hack my alarm clock? Did you use your computer, and plig it into the alarm clock?

Marina: I used the buttons to change when the alarm would go off.

Pearl: Dear God. [Why am I thinking of the TF2 Soldier's voice? XD] That's despicable.

Marina: And to think. My genius plan didn't even matter.

Pearl: Huh?

Marina: He's not here.

Pearl: Wha? Where is he?

Marina: Apparently, he left to get to his important job today.

Pearl: Oh...

Marina: I made your breakfast for you. It's in the kitchen.

Pearl: Yes!

Pearl ran to the kitchen to eat up her breakfast, with a big smile on her face.

~~~

Marina: Well, Pearlie, we should head to work now. Are you ready?

Pearl: Yeah, let me just get my shoes on first.

Marina: Okay.

Marina gave Pearl a smile then went out the door.

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) popped out of the grate in Octo Canyon.

(Y/N): Huh? I guess I beat Marie here.

(Y/N) thought it was best to wait for Marie before starting any missions. The only problem was, he had no idea what to do in the meantime.

(Y/N): You know, I've never actually seen inside of this shack. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a small peek inside.

Marie: Don't even think about it.

(Y/N) nearly fell over from the surprise of Marie appearing behind him.

(Y/N): Jeez! Don't scare me like that!