BARNACLES!

"No Ariella Mariyah Carina Decrola. You are gonna talk to them ," he stopped me.

Fudge he used my full name.

He threw me my phone, and that's when my funny demeanour vanished.

Bi-polar much?

I knew he was being serious. Maybe it was time I spoke to one of them. Maybe..........

I unlocked my phone, going onto dial as I didn't have Damien's contact.

"His number is 017-" Andrew began but this time I cut him off, throwing him a sharp glare.

"I know his number," I muttered though gritted teeth. My fingers shakily pressed number after number before it hovered over the green phone.

Was I actually doing this?

I let my finger fall and brought the phone to my ear.

Both me and Andrew sat silence as I heard the beeping sound, waiting for Damien to pick up.

What was I gonna say? Hey, it's your little sister who you haven't seen or spoke to since our brother died. Maybe he wasn't gonna pick up.

Just as I was about to end the stupid call I heard the sound that indicated the call was answered.

"Hello?"

My breath hitched in my throat, as I tried to hold back the tears that came at the sound of his voice. But it failed, and they flowed down my cheek.

My brother's voice.

From that one word, I could tell that Damien wasn't doing well. He was tired. He had been crying.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

I stayed silent, trying to figure
something to say. What do I say?

"Listen here. I am not in the mood for a silly prank call so whoever you are, I suggest-"

"Damien"

It was as if the world has stopped, and everything had gone silent. The noise from the carnival was irrelevant to me, and I forgot Andrew was here. There was at least a few minutes of silence before he answered.

"Who is this?"

My mouth went dry, but I answered.

"It's me Damien. It's your sister. It's Ariella."

My voice was so quiet, but I knew he heard me.

"I swear, if this is a f***ing trick I will beat the shi-"

"It's me Damien," I whispered. The smallest smile appeared on my dry lips. "And don't swear, you know I don't like it." I let out a chuckle as I wiped my stinging eyes.

"Ari? My little Squirrel is that really you?" I broke out in sobs as I heard his voice crack at the end.

"It's me Damien. It's your little squirrel. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry it's all my fault. Everything is all my fault. I don't know what I am doing and I just don't know what to do," I cried into the phone. I let all my emotions out.