23. Nobody Special

Comincia dall'inizio

"I hate you. You know that."

"Look...it's kind of complicated." She began. "You heard that she's pregnant and it's not just that. She was kidnapped and something bad happened to her..." Kimhan intentionally did not finish her sentence and I totally got the meaning.

"How did she get here? Did she escaped or what?" I was confused.

"Yam said that she was left by the roadside blindfolded and then she realised it's the way to this house. She found her way here and that was when you saw her yesterday. This case will be investigated by the police. All that we need is to wait and protect her. She's like out of her mind you know. Traumatized and all." Kimhan explained more that it was enough to feed my curiosity.

"Ohh..." I had nothing to say rather than feeling deeply sorry for Yam. A slight feeling of guilty filled me for my absent minded judgment. I never thought it could be that tragic. How could they do that to her?

"Could you please stay Pie? Stay with me because I just have no idea of what to do. I need you here with me and please if you could, for Yam." She persuaded.

"I don't think I could help Kimhan. Why..." I could not even finish my words just because Kimhan gave me that pitiful puppy look.

"Ugh fine...but I need to be back by the weekend." Kimhan smiled her victory when she realised that I was defeated. Honestly I had no idea why would I give in to that but let say that I was just returning a favour.

*******

I had not seen Yam much because she preferred to lock up herself in the room. Things have gone real difficult for her that she could not accept the fact that there's a living thing growing inside her womb. Once in a while I would hear she's weeping in despair and Kimhan would rush to get her and check on her just to make sure that she's fine. I had no idea of how long this would continue but I assured Kimhan a thing that Yam might harm herself or even her pregnancy due to her unwise judgement.

"Do you think you can cope with these things for another few months?" I needed to give Kimhan a clearer picture of her decision on keeping Yam safe under her care.

"Yeah I think so. It's just about eight more months or something like that right?" She said almost casually as if nothing serious about it.

"It's easier to say than done." I scoffed out loud that it gained Kimhan's attention. "She can't forever stay that way, Kimhan. She needs to take care of herself and her pregnancy. She needs to eat well, be healthy mentally and physically. Look at her now, she can't even take care of herself." I babbled long enough that it somehow knocked some sense into Kimhan's head. She went silent for the longest moment and all I did was staring at her. There were lots of things to be handled and to care of if she had not realised that. Like a lot.

"She doesn't want to keep the baby." Kimhan blurted out. Just like what I thought.

"And what do you say?" I was conflicted by that even though it was not really part of my problem.

"I don't know...the child is innocent and I don't think an abortion would be the best way." Kimhan sighed. "I really don't know what to do, Pie..." Her voice croaked and out of nowhere I saw tears rolling down her cheeks. Kimhan tried hard enough to suppressed her cry but she failed miserably. Something inside me stirred, calling me to walk myself to her side. Before I knew it, I pulled her close and wrapped that fragile figure in my arms. Kimhan wept continuously and the last time I saw her in this condition was when her mother passed away.