2. Damsel in Distress

Chapter 2 : Damsel in Distress

#Author's Note: I have been acknowledged that some of you have never heard about Aom Sushar a

#Author's Note: I have been acknowledged that some of you have never heard about Aom Sushar a.k.a Pie. So, since wattpad has added this awesome new feature, I include her picture here. The above picture is Pie Mindara Manaying. Tell me what you think about it. I might as well added pictures for every chapter. What do you think?

Pie Mindara Manaying

I closed the door behind me quickly and stood aside, trying to calm myself. I wished I could scream but I couldn't do it here; I'm standing at the hallway and there were few people here. I took the envelope to the level of my eyes again, scrutinize it with a frown. Before I realized it, I found myself screaming but I muffled my voice by covering it with the envelope. What have I done? I was putting myself into a big trouble. A few of the teachers who walked pass by the path stared at me with their puzzle look but didn't really questioning me for my weird behaviour. Good. I was not in the mood to talk to anybody. I counted till ten, inhaling a deep breath of patience before I walked down the hallway. I kept my pace fast and didn't bother to return the greetings from anybody who saw me. The envelope in my hand began to crumple as I held it tight. I wish could throw it into any of the trashcan I found along my way. My fifteen minutes argument with the Principal kept flashing in my mind; he really pissed me off.

I reached the teachers' room faster than I could even imagine. Fern saw me walking to her direction; my space was next to hers. "Hello Mademoiselle." She gazed at me expectantly while pulling a chair so close to hers that we could actually 'talk'.

"What's up?" She asked, trying to read my facial expression.

"I need to get married as soon as possible." I told her. The reaction she gave to me was one I should have it recorded. She gaped at me with her mouth open for a few seconds. I have never seen her that speechless; she didn't even manage to arrange a complete sentence to respond to me.

"Why?" She finally spoke once she has recovered from her shock.

I wasn't sure how I could explain to her. To make it easier, I handed her the envelope. Fern hurriedly took the content out and scanned the document briefly to get a whole picture of the thing I wanted to tell her. "You're about to be sent for rural teaching." She said, frowning.

"What is its connection with your 'I want to get married as soon as possible'?" She asked me, seeming not to understand a thing about the matter.

"It's quite complicated, Fern." I sighed, taking the envelope back to me.

"No. I'm your best friend." Fern grabbed both of my shoulders until I looked at her again. "Talk to me so that I can help you." She said in concern.

"I don't want to go for the rural teaching placement." I told her and saw she nodded. "And to evade the contract, I need to marry someone before the upcoming week." Fern widened her eyes in surprised upon hearing my explanation.