Chapter 18

Choo-choo

One of the trains at a near platform announced the beginning of its journey, although Constance seemed to barely notice it. Her mind was still wrapped around the fact that Miss Nutcombe was in Saint Mungo's on a recovery, they said, but that doesn't mean the Hogwarts student was without worry.

It was true she and the woman never really had a very close knit relationship, however Miss Nutcombe had been the one who gave her home when she had no. She was the one who...

Ugh, I oughta breathe, the girl thought to herself as she realised how shallow her breaths were. Ronnie had been the person to bring her to the station and had even offered to keep her company, but Constance refused. Sure, she liked Ronnie, however she wasn't about to let him see her in such a state. She preferred handling things alone. So when it came to worry, sadness, anger... Rarely anyone had the privilege to see. The closest any person ever got was Regulus in the room of Requirement.

Finally Constance was left to herself on a bench. She was actually the first to arrive. Even before the train itself. The Remys' probably thought it would be easier like this and after receiving some of the findings about Miss Nutcombes' situation had brought her here.

Constance closed her eyes and leaned her head back over the bench trying to calm herself down.

"Please do not faint. The last thing this week needs is a girl in distress."

The moment the elitist voice brushed over the girl's ears she opened her eyes and almost formed a smile before the fact of her whereabouts sank in.

She turned her head to her left only to see the one and only Regulus Black looking straight back at her. It was horrifying yet thrilling to have him look her straight in the eyes. It was like baring herself infront of him. Quickly she looked away. Her heart pounding like never before.

Keep calm, she told herself, he is only a person. You talk to him all the time. Yet somewhere inside her mind was screaming it was not the same.

At last Constance ended up averting her gaze to the railway simply staying quiet.

"Silence. A great indicator of well-being or is she mute?"

Constance rolled her eyes this time before simply answering," She is not mute nor is she or rather yet I am not feeling ill."

"She speaks. Finally." Con glanced to the side only to see Regulus'  poker face. No smile, no well anything. "You look fomiliar. Where have we met before?"

"Why are you speaking to me?" she asked completely ignoring the boy. She wasn't in the mood to be part of a Slytherin game.

She knew that the Regulus in the room of Requirement wouldn't play games on her. He seemed genuine. But the Regulus in public was different. It was odd just him saying anything to her except for him telling her to move out of his way. Why was he being nice? What if anyone saw him?

"You're the girl from the library aren't you? The one who was late to dinner." Regulus continued his thoughts which annoyed Constance to no end.

For some reason all of the girl's annoyance seemed to entertain the boy.

"And you are Regulus Black the Slytherin golden boy. Look if your intention is to toy with me I am in no mood to take part in it. So leave me alone."