🚢 6 🚢

The ground seemed to shift underneath her feet. Losing her balance, she hurtled forwards, taking the poor angel down with her. Her world turned upside down, and as they collided forcefully with the earth below, knocking over luggage in the process, strong hands gripped her instinctively.

For a brief minute, she reeled from the impact, disorientated, unable to differentiate the sky from the ground. By the time she blinked away the stars in her vision, she found herself sprawled on the ground, the angel's arms having cushioned her fall. Presently, he hovered over her, panting heavily, so close that she could see the minuscule beauty spot under his bottom lip and the faint scar on his left cheek.

"...Y-You okay?" the angel asked, his hair tastefully askew. Chaerin could only gape back, her mind short-circuiting, unable to produce a single word. It was only a full minute later when he suddenly became aware of their rather compromising position.

"I'M SORRY! SO SORRY!" he scrambled backwards, babbling like a fool, but not without helping her to her feet. His hand, although a bit clammy, was warm and assuring.

Glimpsing her blank face, the angel, mistaking it as a scandalised expression, started to get a bit flustered, his voice rising a couple of octaves.  "Are you good? Fine? GREAT? Uh, I mean," he visibly cringed at himself. "Shoot. Are you okay?"

His voice pulled Chaerin out of her trance, her mind suddenly exploding with the intensity of a supernova, millions of thoughts whizzing and pinging off the sides of her head because how on earth did this angelic being have such a sexy voice? How does he look so darn cute in that jacket? How does he smell so—

"Expensive." She breathed and a second later, she felt the blood drain rapidly from her face: He'd just said that out loud. Taehyung, who had been watching the carnage with his jaw hanging slack like he'd just seen a gull with ten heads, smacked a palm to his forehead in incredulity.

The angel's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Um... What is?"

Chaerin's eyes bugged in panic; a voice at the back of her head shouting "ABORT, ABORT! For the love of God and Muikku, shut your mouth now and stop talking!" The problem was, Chaerin.exe had stopped working, which caused her to blurt out the first thing that came to her mashed pulp of a mind.

"You."

A stunned silence settled upon them, punctured only by what sounded like a cross between a fart and a yodel which was actually Taehyung's stifled laughter. Embarrassment set Chaerin aflame, the blood rushing back to her face in a fierce blush, heat shooting up her body so fast she swore he was going to burst.

She felt even worse seeing the corner of her angel's lip curl into a —what she interpreted as mocking— smirk, her heart plummeting with despair because she'd just ruined her chance of spending her golden years with her angel along with their seven teacup Pomeranians.

(Of course, if Chaerin wasn't so preoccupied with her full blown freak out session, she would had actually noticed that the tips of the angel's ears had turned scarlet.)

Chaerin dearly wanted to sink into the floor and cease to exist, but there was nowhere to hide from the angel's astonished gaze, with her stuck mid-queue on the gangway, waves lapping rhythmically below. Maybe if she jumped into the sea, she could swim away to Bali and then—

"Hey! HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Are you trying to get yourself killed!?" the angel suddenly shouted loudly.

Chaerin blinked blankly and strangely enough, she found her leg tangled between the gaps of the railing, body poised as if she were about to execute an Olympic-worthy diving performance. Apparently her mind had heard the word 'jump' but her body had prevented him from doing so, resulting in this awkward pose.

Sensing the eyes of surrounding passengers on her as well as the angel's bewildered ones, she gulped nervously, muttering the only thing she could think to say. "I—"

"What she means to say is, thank you very much for saving her sorry ass from psycho birds, and that she'll reaaaaaaaally love to touch your ass," Taehyung interjected gleefully, having somehow wedged himself between his sister and the angel to flash an obnoxiously conceited grin.

The angel went rigid, eyes impossibly enormous and round cheeks gradually turning a shade of burgundy.

Chaerin suddenly had yet another urge to dive off the gangway again.

"You know, it could have gone a lot worse," Taehyung supplied helpfully as the two entered their room portside of the ship, watching Chaerin fling herself onto the nearest bed and burrow her head into the pillows, screaming shrilly. Taehyung shook his head and patted the embarrassed girl's back.

"I mean, you could had called him 'daddy' instead."

"Shut UP, this was all your fault."

"You're just grumpy because I exposed your secret daddy kink."

"SHUT UP.