Romeo, Oh Romeo

- the picture above is Casa di Giulietta which is 'Juliet's house' in Verona, Italy.

———————-

Today is our last day in Verona, and we have plans to go out into the city for the last time. Well for now, at least, which is a little depressing.

Last night, Joe, Harry's stylist flew in from London to give me a whole new wardrobe for meeting the royal family. I was given dresses, shoes, designer handbags, jeans, pants, skirts- everything.

I also sat in on my own personal royal manners class in our little private, Italian villa. There I learned how to sit like a lady, where I learned how to sit differently but correctly for each occasion. I learned about different tea times, and how to act at public tea 'parties'.

I was taught about royal greetings, where I was taught how to greet the queen, and many other high status ambassadors and royal family members. I learned about curtsying and who to curtsy too. I was taught how to get in, and out of a girl. If I'm wearing a low cut dress, there's clutches for that and other things. I should always look graceful.

Oddly, I was taught how to walk down a flight of stairs properly and when to do it at banquets. As well as the order to do it in. I was given a little history and knowledge about the royal family and their line. Harry, I found out, is first in line for the thrown, and then his kids would be next- before his sister.

It was a lot to take in, and took a lot out of me but I was able to do it. Harry stayed right by my side, running my hand, smiling and adding his own input into the conversation.

Our plans for today, are to get out and enjoy the tiny little details of the beautiful city of Verona. Harry and myself will finally be going to Juliet's house here in Verona.

I remember the way Harry started the trip, by giving me that beginning lines of Romeo and Juliet as my hint.

Even now as we drive through the city, those lines repeat through my mind and finally I whisper them, and Harry smiles. "In fair Verona, where we lay our scene..." I drag out. I can somehow relate to that line more than I could before.

I've concluded that Italy will always hold a small part of my heart, it was where we went on our first real date, where we made love for the first time, where we shared the first I love yous. It was where I learned how to act like a royal, and where I lived like one for a weekend. It's special to me.

"We're here, my love." Harry says as he walks over to my door, opening it for me.

We walk up to the house and a tour guide stands there. Thankfully, we were able to get a private tour on one of their busiest times of the year. "Hello, Welcome." He smiles as we stop, looking up to admire the famous balcony.

The tour guide gives us a tour of the house with props from the famous chick flick 'Letters to Juliet'.

By the end of the tour, Harry and I are allowed to do something that no other tourist is allowed to do anymore. We write a letter to Juliet, confessing our love for each other.

It is said that if you leave a letter for Juliet declaring your love to someone, you'll be together forever. The Shakespeare company ask that in return they are allowed to take a picture for the museum, and we allow them. I realize that this is our first outing together after being publicly announced.

————-

"What'd you write in yours ?" Harry asks as we walk in the courtyard, hand in hand.

"Can't tell you, or it'll jinx us." I admit as we walk, admiring the beautiful house.

"Oh, I see." Harry jokes playfully as we look up at the famous balcony where Juliet would've said "Romeo, oh Romeo- wherefore art thou Romeo" although, this house isn't actually her house because Romeo and Juliet is fiction. Nonetheless, it's still cool to be here, especially since it's been in countless movies and was built not too long after the play.

Just then Harry begins to smile wide before speaking again, I just know there's something cheesy and romantic about to fall from those lips.

"Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged." He finishes and I grin wide, I knew it. Harry is such a hopeless romantic, much like me, but he loves being one. I think it makes me love him more.

I stop us in the middle of the courtyard, leaving in to place my lips against his. I reply to his quote. "Then have my lips the sin that they have took." I say as I lean close to him, resting my forehead against his. Our lips are so close I can feel his hot breath against my skin, but they aren't touching.

"Sin from thy lips? O' trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again." He speaks low and husky, I close the small gap between us in the courtyard. I find my hands work their way onto his arms while his are on the side of my face.

We pull away, both smiling and I look down. "I think we make quite the Romeo and Juliet." I laugh referring to our little quoting session.

"I think we would, as well." He giggles before pecking my lips once more. "You ready?" He asks as we begin to walk out of the courtyard. I nod.

Harry and I thank and pay our tour guide before we make our way back to Harry's car. We drive back into town where we are able to get some authentic pizza, and more wine.

"Getting me tipsy before a flight to meet your family ? I don't think so." I giggle as we sit in the corner booth, people occasionally coming over to take picture with both Harry and myself.

By the time we've finished eating our pizza and exploring the city just a little bit more, it's about time we catch our flight to London.

As we drive in the car, I take in every single ounce of scenery as I don't want to forget the beauty of the city, and the amount of happiness it brought me.

I try to push away the now constant nervousness of meeting one of the most powerful families in the world. Harry notices but after his attempts at making me feel better fail, he just holds my hand.

As we make our way up the private jets steps, I turn and make one last look at the beautiful city and smile as I turn back to face Harry. "Onto the next adventure." He smiles, taking my hand in his.

"Onto the next adventure." I comply as I sit down in the seat plane with him.