Chapter Seven

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Married Life

Chapter Seven

Rose Point of View

Luna lunged at me, and I blocked her with a swift kick to her left side. She fell on the ground, but quickly got back up and went into a fighting stance; like she wasn’t even hurt. I glanced at Eddie, and I saw him fighting two dhampirs that looked like they have been well trained for a drop out guardian. He had one already knocked on the ground unconscious. Luna quickly ran towards me again, but she fell over her own two feet. I smirked at the fact that her shoelaces were the reason why she fell on the ground.

“Tripping over your own two feet,” I said smirking. My smirking turned towards mocking, “Can’t even tie your shoes? No wonder why they never asked you to become a guardian, I can see that you don’t have the skill to even take down a guardian. I don’t even think that you ever took on a Strigoi before, let alone seen one up close. Did you?”

Luna screamed, before she ran towards me. Her brown eyes were filled with nothing but hate and a large amount of anger. She took out a silver stake from the inside of her burgundy sweatshirt that I thought was quite ugly. She held the stake the wrong way as she ran towards me. She swiped the stake, wobbly, at me several times; most of them I was able to dodged without getting injured. Although, she did cut an inch of my cheek, I was glad that it was a small cut and not deeper.

“Rose!” Yelled a voice that sounded a familiar from across the street, and it took me a couple of minutes to realize why it sounded familiar. I knew that voice very well. It was the elderly couple’s only Moroi son, Tim. He works at the store part time, and the other half of his days are spent in the local library teaching young Moroi and dhampirs how to read and write.  

I turned my head to the side when he called my name but didn’t bother answering him since another dhampir decided to come out and join the fight. He ran right at me, with a baseball bat in his hands. Luna quickly got off of the ground, with the silver stake dripping with some of my blood.

“Rose!” screamed Tim, as I pushed Luna away from me again. I don’t know why she just didn’t run away from me, as she knows my reputation. She came at me again, as my left fist crashed into her nose, and the corner of her one eye. She screamed as she stumbled backwards, dropping the knife. I felt a searing pain from the back of my head, as blurry dots lined my vision. I blacked out.

Eddie’s point of view

By that time that I knocked all of the dhampirs out that were surrounding me. I turned my head towards Roses’ direction, only to see a very muscular dhampir hitting an unconscious Rose with a wooden base ball bat multiple times. He raised the bat up in the air, ready to strike her again, but I tackled him before the bat reached Rose’s battered body.

We fell to the ground when I pinned him down on the wet black top, I had his arms pinned above his head, and my knee was pressed against his stomach. I pushed slightly down on his gut, making him groan in pain. The guys brown eyes widen in pain, as my knee dug further into his stomach. He tried-but failed- to scratch my hands away from his own; every time he tried to scratch me, my gripped tightened further.

“Who the hell are you working for?” I questioned him, with a growl in my voice. I was extremely pissed off that he that the nerve to beat a woman with a baseball bat.