Chapter 28: Fight Night

" Do you need me to escort you to your seat miss?" The ticket guy stood at one of the entrances to the arena looking Cleopatra over lustfully as she pretended not to notice. She knew full well she was seated in the fourth row next to a knock out artist welterweight champion by the name of Hamilton James, but she feigned innocence all the same.

" Can you point me to it please, I'm sure I'll be able to find it ok." Cleo plastered on a look of uncertainty as she looked over the sea of people hoping to guilt trip the young ticket boy into leading her down there himself; she needed to make an entrance.

" No worries miss, I'll take you down there myself. No problem." The young man extended his arm and Cleo latched on, stepping daintily down the stairs to promote the image she needed to in order to execute this job without flaw.

            She was a vision in the way she walked and carried herself, and everyone noticed as she made her way to her seat.

" S'cuse me, sorry." Cleo repeated the line over and over again as she sidestepped her way through the aisle and landed in a seat next to a handsome chocolate man of mid stature, with tattoos lining his neck and traveling down the collar of his button down POLO shirt.

" No problem shawty." Hamilton looked Cleo up and down and winked at his boys around him as he plotted on how to make his move on her. Cleo saw his intentions through her peripheral but ignored him being that the boxer she was rooting for came out from the tunnel and jogged his way to the ring while bobbing his head to the beat of an old Lil Wayne song, that was definitely his favorite.

            As Lil Wayne's Rollin' played Cleo stood up and bounced along to the beat, " Money, power, respect: three the hard way." Now Cleo could really feel herself getting into the grove of things and as she swayed her hips she noticed Hamilton's eyes fixated on her ass. He was admiring her swag and found himself intrigued by the person she exuded to be.

            Now that the song was over and the announcer was presenting the fighters Cleo remained on her feet as the majority of the audience settled in their seats; she had a trick up her sleeve that she wanted the right people to take notice of. As Walter Nunez was announced as the challenger to the reigning champion he turned towards Cleo and blew her a kiss laced with a ' love you girl' thrown in. Cleo sat back down in her chair and as she surveyed Hamilton's eager face she couldn't help thinking inwardly " Game, set, match motherfucker."

            " Hook em' Walt, don't let him lead you around!" Cleo again was on her feet as the welterweight bout reached it's final round and the two fighters went at it something crazy. During the previous eleven rounds Cleo had pretended to be engrossed in conversation with Hamilton, when her mind was truly fixated on Kaline; she had a feeling he was gonna fuck up her hit. But that was beside the point, the real point was that her mark was proving to be a gullible man who'd let the fame he received from his knockout talents, go to his head.

            He smiled goofily in Cleo's face while speaking, and contemptuously ran a hand through her hair as he planned the night they were about to share in his head; clear cut signs of a man who was used to getting his way with the women if there ever was one. His eyes spoke telepathic bedroom whispers to her, and his body language wasn't the least bit hard to decipher. Cleo carried on fluff conversation with Hamilton on the condition that Wakeem and Nathan kept her mind otherwise occupied.

            " So how you know main man?"

" Ssshhhh!" Cleo hurriedly shushed Hamilton as he raised to stand beside her and tried to inquire about her relationship with the man who was a mere twenty seconds away from being the new welterweight champion of the world. She wasn't gonna tell him the absolute truth of Walter being Hector's godson, but instead was gonna sell him the believable fantasy of him being someone she'd grown up with. It was common knowledge that the fighter had hailed from the streets of brotherly love, and with Hector's guidance it wasn't hard to learn the details of Walter's past and finagle her way into them.