Chapter 7

A couple weeks later

" Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Aggh!" Cleo gritted her teeth and contemptuously lobbed the curse words in the air as her physical therapist, Jenny, pushed her to move her now basically metal arm forward on some exercise machine Cleo had zero familiarity with. The most exercise Cleo had done was yoga every once in a while, but she definitely had never stepped foot in a gym, her curves were a natural gift she never needed to work for.

" Push Cleo, Push!" The twenty something year old white woman's pony tail swayed as she got into her patient's face and pushed her past her breaking point for the fourth consecutive time in the past hour.

" Whoooo." Cleo let out a relieved breath as she released the weight and put the machine back in place. She looked up at the physical therapist her doctor insisted she see and smiled as the woman beamed pride down at her.

" You did great today Cleo, your really improving!" The spunky woman lent Cleo her arm so that she could get up from the machine and lead her over to the cool down area.

" Girl, you know you tryna kill me with all this, just admit it." The two women burst out into laughter at Cleo's joke, it was clear they were becoming fast friends.

A half hour later Cleo had showered and was redressed in some jeans and a chunky sweater.

" Kal coming to pick you up?" Jenny joined Cleo on the bench in the foyer of the rehabilitation center and offered her client slash friend a piece of a brownie she'd just bought from the center's café. Cleo shook her head no before responding to the question that had been posed to her.

" Nah. Not today, I'm waiting on my brother. His perpetually late ass." Cleo shook her head in disbelief that her brother would leave her hanging like this, she'd repeatedly told him about his lateness, but to no avail.

" Wait is that him?" Cleo followed Jenny's coral colored lacquered nail to a tall man with an athletic build that was undoubtedly her brother.

" Yup, that's his sorry ass alright." She huffed and stood up gathering her gym bag under her left arm, it was damn near back to fully functioning.

" Girl he's fine as hell."

" Oh you like brothers?" Cleo turned to Jenny with a face that read both surprise and amusement. Cleo had pegged Jenny as a woman who only favored white men because of her extraordinary diction and love for all health foods, but upon second glance Cleo had to admit the white girl had some pretty good curves her damn self.

" I like who likes me, but you know I'm half Spanish right? I'm not just some Wonderbread white girl Cleo." The two women shared a laugh as Jerome drew closer to them; they were surely becoming good friends.

" Your late." Cleo flipped her moods with a quickness as she turned to her brother and quipped to him the angry words.

" Traffic Cleo." Jerome's eyes drifted to Cleo's side where a usually confident Jenny blushed and twiddled her thumbs like a shy schoolgirl.

" Traffic my ass. Jenny this is my ignorant behind big brother Jerome, Rome, this is the woman who has been getting me back to my old self, my savior." Cleo introduced the two with her arm slung over Jenny's shoulder, her petal lips spread into a wide appreciative smile. The two strangers exchanged hellos and not so subtle glances of interest; too bad Cleo would tolerate neither of this on her watch.

" Ard Jen, I'll see you next week." Cleo hugged the young woman and pulled her brother back to his car, Jenny and Jerome's affair would have to wait.

" Iy papi!" The woman threw her head back in ecstasy as she clawed at her lover's back; she had reached her peak and couldn't bear the twisted agony of her own pleasure. As the woman beneath him climaxed the man too let out a guttural moan and accompanying curses to signal his own release.

" Shit girl." The man fell onto his back beside the young Latina woman and smiled the words into the air above him; he had to admit that she had some good pussy, almost the best he'd ever had.

" I told you papi, I'm all you'll ever need." The woman slid her bare body on top of the man she'd just got done making love to and kissed him tenderly through intermittent words.

As soon as the words had fully left the woman's mouth the man tossed her off of him and hopped out the bed in a quiet fury, it seemed to be ending like this more often than not between the two lately.

" I told you bout that shit." The man stood with his back to the woman as he pulled up his expensive black trousers. He buckled his pants and walked over to the floor length mirror the woman kept opposite the king sized bed he'd just fucked her in; his pants were noticeably wrinkled.

" Fuck!" He let out an exasperated breath as he tried to imagine how he was gonna remedy this, the absence of the crisp crease that adorned all his slacks would set off enormous alarms in his woman's head when he got home.

" Let me iron them for you Kal." The young woman stood no more than five feet four inches tall, with bone straight hair that'd been dyed red, and skin the color of milk and honey. She glided off the bed and wrapped her arms around her man's midsection; staring at their reflection in the mirror she realized their combined outlines were beautiful. In the young woman's head she couldn't understand why her lover stayed with his fiancé when they had so much fun together, looked so good together, and fucked like wild animals whenever the opportunity presented itself (and best believe the opportunity presented itself quite often). Though the woman let these thoughts run through her mind she didn't dare say them aloud, she was a side chick and she knew how to play her part, for now at least.

" Stop mentioning my woman." Kaline stood erect and bare chested as his mistress continued to kiss his back and unbuckle his pants from behind. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and started to smile at the erotic scene until he focused on his eyes; though they didn't contain the same rainy day hue as his father's they surely possessed his almond shape and lengthy lashes, Kaline had to break his own gaze. In looking into his own eyes he saw Nathan Lavelle staring back at him, and with that apparition came his warning words not to hurt Cleo.

Kaline had wrestled with the fact that he cheated on Cleo for months now, but he'd always come to the conclusion that what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. Cleo was an amazing woman, there was no doubt about it, but she didn't surrender. All his life Kaline had had women obey his every wish and whim without so much as forming of his lips to ask, but with Cleo she demanded words and explanations; in a nutshell she was just plain difficult. She was independent and with that independence came attitude and self-entitlement, though Cleo was a loyal woman and passionate lover, she also happened to be a headstrong partner. She simply was always on go.

If Kaline needed her she'd drop everything in a second and run to him, but best believe she would come back and handle her business later. She's the type to call her man out on his shit but when another does it she's gunning for their ass, the type to leave Kaline a fully prepared meal in the fridge but not be there to eat it with, she was present and absent at the same time and eventually Kaline couldn't deal with it. So instead of leaving the woman of his dreams entirely he simply got the extra attention he needed from his mistress. The young girl was like a lost puppy dog when it came to Kaline, and Nathan's son relished in this fact on the regular.

" I just wanna please you papi." The woman made doe eyes at Kaline's reflection through the mirror and he smirked wickedly in response, this was all music to his ears.

" Then on ya knees you go." The woman came to stand in front of him and then dropped to her knees without hesitation, she intended to keep this side chick role going for as long as she could.