Madara smiled and kneeled right beside her. "While we're in here, it's practically real." Hanako looked at the man from the tip of her eye, and took a deep breath. Inside his Genjutsu there wasn't really anything she could do to escape. She would have to listen to anything that he was supposed to say.

Madara seemed to get the hint and looked at the girl with a straight face. "What I'm about to tell you, I refer to as the 'Eye of the Moon Plan'."

* * *

Hikari looked at the clock and frowned. Hanako was late again. It was almost midnight and the girl hadn't arrived yet. She had been in her room studying jutsu until she decided to go down to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Then she realized, her younger sister wasn't home yet.

Baby cries were suddenly heard throughout the hall, and then Hikari's mom lulling the twins back to sleep. Hikari went to her mother's room to find her leaning against the crib where both babies lay and smiled.

"Having trouble to sleep?" Akira asked, looking at her older daughter. The babies had stopped crying, but were still wide awake.

"They must be hungry," Hikari said. "Babies eat all the time."

"Has Hanako arrived yet?" her mother asked again, but this time with a frown in her face.

Hikari just shook her head, looking at the ground. Akira closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I know I shouldn't worry that much. I know Hanako is now an Anbu, and that she can take care of herself. Anbu shifts tend to last longer than normal Genin or Chuunin missions, but I'm still uncertain."

Hikari approached her mother and put a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay to be worried, Mom. That's your job after all. Hanako might be an Anbu now, but she's still a kid."

"Do you think she is busying herself after Yusuke's death?" She let out a small sob. "She's probably grieving."

Hikari smiled. "Hanako still remembers what happened, but she doesn't have time to think about it every day. That's probably why I think it's best she joined an Anbu squad to keep herself busy."

Akira looked down at her children and smiled. "Yeah, you're probably right." She reached her finger to caress both her babies' foreheads. "Ryuusuke, Hayato... tomorrow we're going to meet your father." Hikari sighed and looked out the window.

I should probably search for her.

* * *

When Hanako opened her eyes, she found herself in the middle of the woods. The sky had a soft purple color and the sun was slowly rising. Exasperated, she jumped to her feet and looked around. What's supposed to be Madara's hideout was not even close to the place she was now. "Took you awhile to wake up." Hanako turned around to find Obito sitting on a boulder. He had his orange spiraled mask on, and was looking at her intently while flicking a kunai through his fingers. Hanako could see his glowing Sharingan through the one hole in his mask.

"Where's Madara?" she asked, narrowing her eyes.

"He had a couple of things to finish, which don't involve you." Obito stood, his long spiky hair moving slightly with the wind. "I understand you're now aware of our plan." Hanako observed him cautiously as he approached her. She felt a strange dark chakra behind him, and looked up to see a dark humanoid silhouette with bright green orbs without a pupil as eyes. It seemed to be laughing at them, but it didn't produce a sound.

As soon as Obito noticed Hanako was staring at something, he turned. The thing was gone as soon as Obito looked at it, forcing Hanako to return her attention to the man in front of her.