"No." I said sternly, catching him off guard, "You do not get to say no this time, Finn. I'm coming with you, you need back up. And besides, if you die out there I'm dying with you. Don't even try arguing about this with me because it's not going to work."

Finn was shocked at my sudden confidence but nonetheless he nodded, "Okay." he conceded.

"Great," I muttered, still shocked he didn't actually put up a fight, "I'll get a gun and meet you at the gate."

As I left the drop ship I could hear Clarke trying to convince Finn to stay, but I knew she was only wasting her breath, Finn cared about Raven as much as he cared about me and there was no way he was about to sit back and let her die.

I made my way through camp quickly, grabbing one of the last guns that was sitting in our arsenal before making my way to the front gates, only stopping when a large body blocked my path.

"What are you doing?" Bellamy asked, his eyes moving to the gun in my hand.

I held the gun closer to my body, afraid he would take it, "Finn and I are going to Lincoln's cave, we need medicine for Raven." I explained, daring to look into his eyes which were full of shock.

Bellamy shook his head, "Avery, weren't you the one who said being out there was giving the Grounders a free shot? There's no way I'm letting you out of these gates."

I moved past him, "I'm not asking for your permission, Bellamy. Finn is going and that means so am I."

Bellamy stepped in front of me once again, "Avery, please." he begged, holding onto either side of my arms. There was something in his voice that I didn't hear often, fear.

Finn, who had just approached us gave me an odd look, "You ready Avs?" I could still tell he was not happy about me coming.

"Yeah," I whispered, moving my eyes back to Bellamy who was giving me a pleading look, "I'm sorry."

Finn started out the front gates, and I began to follow but something stopped me, "Hey Bellamy?" I called, causing him to spin around to face me, "If something does happen to me out there, I just want to say thank you, y'know for everything you've done for me."

His face fell and it looked like he was about to say something to me, but I didn't give him the chance. I spun on my heal and follow after Finn who already had quite the head start. I truly didn't know if I would ever see Bellamy Blake again but I was sure hoping I would.

---

"It's right over there." Finn whispered, pointing towards the cave where we had rescued Octavia from, an event that felt years ago. We were all so naive then.

I held my gun up a little higher as we neared the cave. My eyes scanned the forest for any sign of danger, but it was quiet, almost too quiet for my liking.

"Come on." Finn urged, waving me into the entrance of the cave. I followed after him, still on high alert.

Finn held his small flashlight out in front of us as we entered into the dark cave. I took the darkness as a sign nobody was in there.

"Start looking," Finn instructed, "Clarke said it was in the box with the antidotes, you know what that looks like right?"

I almost laughed, I knew far too well what the box looked like. It was the same box I had held as I knelt in front of Lincoln, begging him to save my brother's life as Bellamy beat him half to death. "Yeah." I finally answered, beginning to search through Lincoln's things.

We had been searching for maybe a minute when Finn spun around in shock, his flashlight momentarily blinding me as he pointed it directly in my face in efforts to see what was behind us. "Lincoln! You made it." he gasped.

Through the black dots that were still blurring my vision I could see Lincoln staring at us in surprise, a knife clutched in his hand. My mind flashed back to the night he had stabbed Finn in this very cave.

His rough voice shook me out of my thoughts, "I told you to leave!"he snapped, his voice booming through the small cave.

Finn's breathing was laboured, "We tried, the scouts were already there."

Bellamy's voice came through the walkie in Finn's hand, barking directions to someone back at camp.

"What is that?" Lincoln asked. Finn pulled the walkie from his pocket, handing it over to the Grounder. Lincoln stared down at it for a moment, listening as another voice came through, requesting more bullets, "Why the hell aren't you two there?" he questioned, his eyes moving between my brother and I.

I spoke for the first time, still slightly terrified of Lincoln no matter how great Octavia said he was, "Raven was shot. We need medicine to slow the bleeding."

Lincoln's face clouded over with a look of shock and anger, "You came to save one life!"

Finn's words were rushed as he spoke, "We don't have time to explain! Do you have the medicine or not?"

Lincoln was still clearly angered by our seemingly stupid actions, but nodded nonetheless, "I have it." He grumbled, moving towards the back of the cave. He grabbed a bottle of the medicine, launching it into Finn's hands.

Bellamy's voice came through the radio once again, this time instructing everyone to hold their ground and not let the Grounders through the front gate under any circumstances.

Lincoln clenched his jaw, looking up at the two of us, "I'm coming with you. Let's go."

I moved to follow after him, so did Finn. However he stopped when he tripped over one of Lincoln's sketch books. He stared at it for a moment before bending down to pick it up.

I tapped my foot anxiously, "Finn, come on we don't have time for this."

Finn ignored me, his eyes locked on the book. "Wait!" he called to Lincoln as he examined the picture of what I thought to be a Reaper, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." he whispered.

Lincoln stormed back in to the cave, "Finn, let's move!"

Finn looked up at him, "How far did the Reapers chase you?"

I looked over to him in confusion. Bellamy had already brought up the idea of Reapers and Clarke had shot it down immediately.

Lincoln was lost as well, "They'd still be chasing me if I didn't lose them, why?"

Finn let out a shaky breath, his eyes full of something that kind of scared me, "I have a really bad idea."

-an-

omg guys we are almost done season 1!! im kinda sad tbh. I loved season 1 and im not excited for what happens in season 2 if you know what I mean :(((

yo also, if anyone is able to make manips and wants to make one of finn and avery (lily collins) or bellamy and avery I would love you forever and of course give u creds when I use them!!