5 - Surprise, ya lucky pigs

Start from the beginning

''Oh okay, if you think you're going to get killed, then you are free to get out and walk, don't give a damn how far Jagger's house is.'' He said and opened my door.

''Dude you can't let her walk all the way to his house it's dark out and truth to be told, you're not really in the right state to be driving'' Bailey told him, probably realizing the thing I had too. Maya just sat there, shocked, looked back and forth between all three of us.

''No, no, no, it's okay. If Nash's ego is so hurt that he doesn't want big bad Evelyn here, I'm just going to get a cab to drive me instead.'' I said, giving Nash a final glare before walking out of the car.

''I'll meet you girls there'' I barely got the time to say since Nash was already speeding off the road. I could already see Bailey yelling at him and Maya widening her eyes, turning around to look at me, then at them, then at me again.

I didn't know where the hell this sudden wave of confidence had came from since in any other situation I would have stayed quiet but I guess it had something to do with the fact that Nash never liked me in the first place. When we met, the whole Aiden thing had happened meaning that I was a wreck when he saw me; that's what bugged him the most. He thought I was overreacting and was getting annoying.

Thinking about it maybe I was but maybe I wasn't. It was the fear of not knowing what happened or if he was even alive, sadness and just the feeling of emptiness that made me the way I was. I hadn't bothered thinking about it too much though, considering that Nash; well, let's just say he had his own problems to deal with and the way he had decided to deal with them was being rude to every living thing.

I looked around me realizing that I was in fact left back with no way to get to the party except for walking. No cabs where around so I decided to call for one. They put me in line and never answered.

''Walking it is then'' I said to myself and started walking. It was a little scary considering I was a seventeen year old girl walking alone at ten at night, so the feeling of being alone and vulnerable like this started making its presence more and more noticeable.

~~~

''Evelyn? What the hell are you-?'' Jagger said but froze as he saw my state. I was tired. My hair was probably all over the place and I was a little sweaty from walking all the way from Maya's house to here in high heels.

''Wow, what happened? Are you okay?'' he said and in an instant Ivory, Bailey and Maya had surrounded me. I could already feel Ivory's disapproving look towards me for coming but I saw her soften as she took in my appearance.

I nodded as a response since my throat had dried out when Bailey said ''Let's just say she'd actually be able to have fun if my lame excuse of a brother hadn't kicked her out of his car and let her walk all the way here'' she finished by rolling her eyes.

''Why didn't you call me, I could've picked you up'' Jagger told me while bringing me to kitchen. ''How could I be sure you'd even come? You didn't want me to come in the first place'' I said, and it was true. Jagger didn't know it'd be coming since he thought his words had actually registered my mind, so though I thought about calling him, I didn't know if he'd actually show up or just tell me to go home.

''Regardless of what I said, you know I always got your back, E'' he said and squeezed my shoulder a little, before handing me a glass of water which I was in deep need of. He, being himself, wanted to give me a glass of Vodka instead, but as we've established multiple times before, I wasn't the one to handle alcohol.

''Thanks'' I said and smiled at him. I turned around to leave the kitchen just when an angry Bailey along with Maya and Ivory stormed in the kitchen. ''I can't believe he let you walk! That asshole'' she said and rolled her eyes so hard even I got dizzy. ''Speaking of walking, why didn't you get a cab or something?'' asked Maya.

''Let's just say I think they got sucked by a hole somewhere 'cause I couldn't find any and couldn't call anyone else to pick me up since all the people I know that have cars and where actually going to the party didn't want me to get there'' I said and looked at Ivory who rolled her eyes but decided not to say anything on the matter.

Noticing the awkwardness of the situation, the girls had decided to step in. ''Don't let that ruin your night, okay? What matters now is that you're here, and you're here to have fun!'' Maya said and squeezed my shoulder a little bit while giving me a small smile. That was one of the things I always loved about her; even when she didn't know what was happening, she always had her way of trying to fix things without asking any questions.

''Come on, let's dance!'' Bailey said, grabbing my wrist and leading me towards the center of the room. Really, did it have to be the center? I chose not to let my social anxiety ruin my night and went with it anyway.

I giggled as I started swaying my hips to 'Womanizer' and sang along with the girls. Bailey started flipping her hair back and forth with the lyrics of the song. It felt both weird and oddly satisfying to be dancing in the center of attention at a high school party. It was always something I never thought I'd do, but truth to be told, I always wanted to know what it felt like to be this carefree.

I heard Jagger call from me with a voice only a monkey could produce, so I told the girls I'd be right back and started heading towards him.

I pushed through way too many drunk teenagers and people who I assume were trying to suck each other's faces off, trying to keep my balance since I wasn't really used to walking in heels, let alone trying not to get pushed while doing so.

I looked around me to find Jagger, only to see he was nowhere to be found. I couldn't tell if I had gone the wrong way or if he just decided to disappear instead, but what I knew was that now I couldn't find Maya and Bailey either.

Great, just great. I'm stuck at a party full of people who I either don't know or wish I didn't know and I can't find any of my friends.

I kept moving my body to the rhythm of the music, trying to play cool while walking towards the pool area, hoping I'd find Jagger there. I kept my head low, trying to ignore any comments of approval coming from random drunk guys who tried to sneak their hands on my body.

I kept walking, not exactly looking at where I was going, which was soon proved to be a very bad idea; to sum it up, on one moment I'm walking and on the other I'm on the floor, pushed by someone whose face I didn't get a chance to see.

''I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking, I don't-'' I started and looked up at the stranger I had ran into. The minute I saw his face I froze; my eyes widened, my breaths coming out in pants. I felt numb, I couldn't believe who I was looking at.

'' Aiden?! ''