I completely forgot about calling them back after everything that has happened. After Friday night, I kind of ditched my phone in effort to ignore the rest of the world. I wanted to stay in my bubble a little longer before dealing with problems.

"I was with Sawyer all weekend...and the Dixons and their friends.  I didn't have my phone on me. Sorry," I explained while sorting through my books in my locker.

"The Dixons?!" Savannah half-whispered. "Why are you hangin' out with them?"

Molly chimed in, "I didn't know you made up with Sawyer."

I rolled my eyes when I looked away from my best friend. I understand she is paranoid and means well, but she's acting like the rest of the people in this town and how they are quick to judge.

"They aren't like what everyone says they are. They are actually decent people, and I enjoy hangin' out with them," I countered before turning to Molly. "Yeah, we did on Friday night. Where were you on Friday by the way?"

"I was with Austin. He took me out to breakfast at Sugar's before school, and we kind of ran late.  I wish I could have seen it though. The look on Blake's face must have been priceless," Molly snorted, and I could tell she was fantasizing about the whole thing in her head.

"It wasn't funny, Molly," Savannah scolded while tucking her straight, long hair behind her ear.

Molly gave Savannah a pointed look. Savannah was always the more conservative one out of us, and was like the mom of the group. I knew Savannah didn't approve of my antics that day. Sometimes I wish she would just understand and see things the way Molly and I see them.

"Lighten up, Sav. Blake deserved it. You know that," Molly retorted.

"Yeah, right. I didn't even get to hit her, so no satisfaction there."

Savannah sighed, "Well, I'm happy you didn't. I know how Blake is, okay? I just don't want to see my best friend get hurt. Blake can destroy the things you care about."

She's right about that. The Lawsons are fully capable of ruining lives. I shut my locker and leaned my back against it.

"You don't get it, Sav. She already has. The Lawsons removed me from the debutante and took my mom's job. There's nothin' else for them to destroy."

My eyebrows furrowed at the memory of Polly and Blake telling me that I couldn't participate anymore and when Savannah told me about my mom. Thinking about it began to stir up anger.

"I'm sorry, Rae. I couldn't imagine how you're feelin'," Savannah apologized and gave me a hug.

"I guess there's nothin' else to lose if we get revenge then?" Molly asked with a smirk on her lips and a sinister look in her eyes.

Savannah rolled her eyes and scolded, "Molly! Why do you gotta be so violent all the time?"

Molly tilted her head slightly and laughed at Savannah's remark. Her brown curls fell against her cheek.

"Why you gotta be so prude all the time?" Molly shot back.

I held my hands up between them to stop their fighting. They do this all the time, and while it is amusing, I'm not in the mood with all this talk about the Lawsons.

"Why do you guys always have to bicker?" I gave them an annoyed look. "I need you to stop because I would like all of us to hang out tonight. In peace."

"Fine."

"Fine."

Both of them crossed their arms, and Molly was the first to walk away to her class. I looked at Savannah, who was still pouting, and grabbed her arm to lead her down the crowded hallway.

When it came to lunch time, I decided that sitting at my table with my friends wasn't the same after this weekend. My heart pounded in my chest as I got up and left the table. I wasn't sure what they were thinking, or how they would react. Savannah, Molly, Austin, and a few other guys from the football team stared at me in confusion as I made my way to where my brother and Rhett was sitting.

One person that I noticed who wasn't staring was Wesley. He wasn't at the table, and he wasn't in any of our classes either. Guilt about how he found out about his dad washed over me as I took a seat next to Sawyer. I would have to go to his house after school and apologize to him. Hopefully he forgives me. I don't know what I would do if he never talked to me again.

As soon as my tray touched the table, I looked up and saw Rhett, Sawyer, Owen, and Parker looking at me with shocked expressions. My eyes bounced between them as I took a bite of food.

"What?"

Sawyer smiled at me while the corner of Rhett's lips lifted up slightly. They then went back to eating their food like they were doing before. I try to suppress the small grin that was forming on my face and go back to eating. The whispers echo around us, and I can feel people staring, but for some reason, I don't care. I'm where I want to be.

"Are you gonna eat that?" Sawyer asked with a hopeful look.

"Well, yeah..."

Without hesitation, he grabs a few fries and pops them into his mouth. I guess that was in invitation because soon the other boys followed suit until my fries were gone.

"Really?" I glared at them. "You guys are animals."

With that, they broke out into a fit of laughter and I can't help but join them, which causes the other students to get quiet and gawk at us again. Despite this, we continue our hysterics like we are in our own, little world, which feels great for once.

•••
A/N

Sorry for the delay! I was finally able to get the chapter up. For some reason, I still can't respond to comments though. It just keeps telling me I have to log in, even though I am. I'll try to reply as soon as it lets me.

Thanks for reading! Comment and vote! (: