Chapter 10: Papa's love story

Start from the beginning

I was a studious girl and always loved reading though not studying.  My friends Samanta and Sheela spoke about different boys in our class and Sunil was the hottest.  I saw your Papa for the first time in the canteen. It was the first day and we were in the second year.  I was 19 and Papa 20. I was new to the college as my dad was not happy with my previous college. Hostel life would be fun and so I agreed.

Your Papa was ladaying Panja with Vicky over Samosa and the crowd cheered both of them.  Whoever was going to win will buy Samosa for rest!!! It was funny and your extra slim, kadka Papa won it. 

Payu please order Harabara Khabab and Veg fried rice and Manchurian for lunch...  Bahut bookh lagi hein,Pinky cut the story in between.

Mummy let us finish this ladoo making then we can order. I know Mummy you won't go against Papa and we will be going tomorrow morning if I get up early.  So we have all day at home and story telling will be fun Mummy. 

But I want a selfie with Maddy,  your friend, Mummy demanded.

I can't guarantee you that but will try my best to invite him at our weekend party,  Mummy.

Payu soothed Mummy with her talks..

Mummy continued...

Then we went to the classroom and like the Sairat bench scene though not directly we gazed at each other.  Your Papa gave me a smile and I did not smile back. I was not guys type. Yes I liked him a little.Just little,  he was not lallu panju types but smart and simple. There was something in him that all girls would fall for him.

Next couple of days we met on the corridor and I gave him an angry look as if I was least interested.  I even asked him arrogantly Ladki kabhi deekhe Nahi hein kya...

Then after few days your Papa asked me for a date.

I was excited and I went to meet him in a closed factory. Your Papa was a hero and he had his own bike, Hah those days.

We roamed around, dated and lot of pleasant memories were attached to our romance.  An year passed so fast like a shooting star and every day, we realised that we loved each other more and more.  The vacation time separated us and we did not have mobile phone or we were not tech savvy like you, Payu.  Your Papa stayed in Karad and I in Borivali.  We were just lost in our thoughts and memories.  One month of vacation was like 100 years of separation. I would look at your Papa's photos and he would look at mine. We really missed each other.  The college reopened for the second semester and we were once again happy.  We studied also while making love.  Kisses and hugs ;I love you cards and chocolates... Roses and small gifts like a pen for him and a hair pin or an earring for me,  completed us.  An year passed and from Silvassa our college shifted to Mumbai , near our Airport.  The college was just under construction and we had classes in sheds that looked like a village scenario.  The trees in the campus and Maggie outlet that Papa showed you became our dwelling. 

If I tell you a secret, please don't ask Papa,  he will be hurt... Promise me, Pinky requested her daughter. 

No Mummy what you say to me will be between us... Promise,  Payu gave her word.

But the time was up and they remembered they were going to watch Dhadak...  Luckily they finished making the Ladoo and Payu took bath. The ladies  put the best attire. Payu wore a black frock with frills and Mummy wore an embroidered Saree.
The theatre was nearby and they drived hurriedly. With not much traffic they reached on time.  The beautiful picturesque of Udaipur, allured Payu while Pinky was lost in their honey moon memories.  They called all their lone outings and just hubby and wife time as Madhu chandra.  Pinky was also loving the movie as she had fine moments with that place and Payu was loving Ishaan, he looked like Karthik to her who was innocent and sweet to her in his appearance

In the intermission, while having Samosa, Payu slowly asked:

Did Papa kiss your lips ever?

Pinky gave her an angry look as nowadays the children are fast forward with the technology.

Behave yourself Payu and the movie again started.  The end dumb struck the viewers and Payu was upset.  She sat in the car and refused to go to the restaurant. She was sobbing...

It is a film,  my bachaa... Pinky hugged her tight. 

She pushed her Mummy and said:

Parents should not be that cruel. 

There are many cruel or strict parents in this world but we are super cool my bachaa...  Pinky consoled Payu...

Achaa batao did you hurt Papa when you had an affair? Payu asked Mummy to change her mood.

Yes, when I decided to break up with your Papa.... I decided to marryVicky uncle. Papa was shocked when Vicky was introducing me to your Papa as his fiancee in the last year of college. 

Papa ki shakal dekne layak thee....

I just couldn't keep an eye contact with him. I was guilty somewhere of ditching him and loved him deeply. Yet I was wounded, misunderstanding him, totally  on the rumours I heard about him...

We had a big fight before the unexpected bandh in our college. The story is long.  I will tell you slowly but you must keep the promise that you won't discuss what I told you?

Promise Mummy, Payu smiled and they drove home.  Rajath joined them on gate and Payu ran to make some Masala tea for him. She got all the biscuits from their kitchen and decorated the plate.  She also put lays, chakli and namkeen...

Rajath was talking  to Pinky and addressing her with her name.

Hey shameless she is so elder to you,  Call her Aunty, Payu chided Rajath.

He smiled and said,  you look like a modern village girl...

PC:  Facebook and Screen shot by Author..