Chapter 43: Zombie Fort

Sunil was sad and he rested his head on Pinky's lap. She knew he was troubled. He needed some sleep and she added a slight dose of sleeping pills in his warm cup of milk. She had done it before also in their youth. His mother's death affected him and he would wake up at night and cry. At times she consoled him but he couldn't come out of that sorrow even after an year. She had took that small dose prescription from her Dr friend. She would put him to sleep with that dose. He complained of headaches and she discontinued the medicine. She then started seducing him and that proved to be the best medicine when he got depressed.

"Her seductive balm of love would calm him

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Her seductive balm of love would calm him. The endless nights turned into sleepy mornings."

He would sleep peacefully but she had a baby to take care. He would take care of the little girl in the afternoon. He would at times dust the home and even cook for his wife. She was blessed to have him. They were really happy. He could cope up with his loss but now he was weak with the rising worries. She just prayed that all be well soon. She was swaying in the past, Pinky was thinking about the old Karad home. She was really missing her mother in law. She looked at the sky and the sleeping face of Sunil. She had all the weird thoughts .

"What if Sunil does not wake up tomorrow? She is declared as her husband's murderer."

She regretted her sleeping pills idea. Her mother used it at times and she had stolen it from her mum's medicine box. She never dared to have it though she took it out to soothe her pregnancy sickness.

She had doubts and she called Dr Bajaj at the very midnight. She told him about the small dose she gave her man. It was not a harmful medicine but it induced headache and fever in some.

"Don't make it a habit. Medicine is a remedy but not complete cure at times. " Bajaj warned Pinky. She just prayed and prayed that it should dawn soon. While he was peacefully sleeping on her lap. She did not move an inch. Her legs were cramping. Yet she slept supporting her head on the bed rest in the sitting posture.

Around 5 am, he rubbed his eyes and woke up to see Pinky was shivering. Winters have begun, he realised.

He lifted her like a baby. She was heavy already and the baby inside made her much heavier. He was careful and put her safely on the bed. He saw her sleeping and her hair were loose. He tied them in to a bun. She held his hand tightly and he did not move from there for a while. He slept again and woke up around 9.

Karthik messaged him good morning Sir. He was asked to join the new mission office at 10. It was a bank in disguise but a CID firm in reality. Sunil was ready for his new job. He did not know what was his real role there? He dressed in trendy way. He was guided by Karthik that he should wear casuals. The bank was to attract illegal properties and black money. The CID aim was to uncover the mystery. Apart from Karthik, there were a few young genius appointed. Sunil was happy to meet Andy, the former assistant of Criminal lawyer JK. Andy was handsome and Sunil was given a huge cabin.

His visiting card read :

Neil Samuel.

He laughed at his new name.

"First time dekha toh hum kho gaya",his mobile rang.

He received his first call from CID Boss.

"Welcome to our team of detectives. Your first mission is to explore a smuggling racket at Zombie fort. I am sending you the maps. You have to be alert and keep your eyes open. Video record what you see? You can be shot or even bitten by a snake. All the best.See you if you are alive! "

Sunil felt the butterflies in his tummy. He was really scared. Andy was sent with him for assistance. He knew the place very well. He had assisted JK in a haunted murder mystery years back. Sunil wanted to listen to that story. Andy narrated the tale.

The Zombie fort was renamed after the British left India. During the reign of Maharajas it was sold to a King in the province of Malhar. Later it was handed over to Government for restoration. A palatial hotel was planned to be constructed by Bajaj construction. The work was in progress and later left mid way due to corruption and disruptions. It became an alienated place. 14 years ago two lovers who were minors were butchered there in the name of caste and creed. Kishori and Raju had eloped from Solapur to the outskirts of Mumbai. Raju was 17 and Kishori 16. They had come to JK for legal help. They were not adults so the lawyer had advised them to act wise. They took refuge in the fort. They were brutally murdered by goons hired by villagers. It spread shrill in that area and the smugglers gang took the advantage. The place was labelled as haunted.

There were a group of college students who challenged. It was all hoax. They camped there in the full moon night and the next day they were all missing. After a fortnight, few dead bodies, mutilated and half burnt were recovered from the site. It created a fear and the place was sealed by the police.

"Some brave hearts wanted to explore the truth but with the fear of death no-one ever dared."

Screams and whispers sacred the passerby. Though a prosecuted place,
some mysterious things, still happened. Animal bodies were recovered too with humans. JK was curious about the case and he opened the Kishori -Raju murder case,few years back .With the case, he
unfolded the truth that it was the master plan of Zombie gang. They kidnapped people and sucked their blood for blood donation illegal rackets at various small scale hospitals. They exported animal skins. The place was demolished yet some of the scary remnants stood tall. There was lot of patrolling and security around due to court's verdict. The flow of time again made the place Zombie fort with illegal activities.

"Let us do some work Andy. " Sunil reminded his assistant. They roamed around the dark walls. It was like a Labyrinth (irregular passages) Andy and Sunil lost their ways. He heard a girl shouting and he had a ill feeling inside was it his daughter Payal?

Keep reading
Keep loving
Keep voting

💖💖

PC: Collage of young Sunil and Pinky is an edit by ME.

The bold Sunil is a Adaalat shot from fan page. Hope you enjoyed.