CHAPTER 45

SAMIA POV

I walked into Di-Di's hospital room with Corey holding my hand. When we entered the room I saw Di-Di laying in the hospital bed with Slim sitting in the seat next to her and was holding her hand as she held their baby. The lights in the room were dim and there were lots of balloons and teddy bears lined up on the table. Corey placed our gifts on the table as I walked closer to them.

"How you feeling sis?" I ask Di-Di in a low tone. 

"I can't believe I'm holding my baby girl. I love her so much already." She says not taking her eyes off of her little girl. 

"What did ya'll decide to name her?" Corey asks.

"Dakota RaMiyah Evans," Di-Di replies with a smile on her face.

"Why you ain't talkin Slim? How does it feel to be a dad now?" Corey asks Slim.

"This feeling is so surreal. Like... I'm really a daddy, to a little girl at that. I have to step my shit up man, for real." Slim states. 

"We're parents now Raheem. We both have to step up, not just you." Di-Di says to him. We all know she's serious cause she didn't call him by his nickname. 

"I know baby. We got this though, as long as we work together." He tells her looking deep into her eyes.

"Can I hold her?" I ask Di-Di and she nods her head. Slim gets out of the seat next to her and lets me sit there. Di-Di then hands me Dakota and I make sure that her head is supported. As I held her the boys found a way to exit out of the room then Denise, Regina, and Yani entered. It was tight in the room with all us in here but we found a way to get all of us seated in the tiny room. 

"Aww, my god baby has such chunky cheeks. Oh my goodness, my ovaries." Denise says once she settled down in the room. 

"And she got a head full of hair," Regina adds as they're in awe of the baby. 

"Yo baby gon have all the other babies shook sis

"Yo baby gon have all the other babies shook sis. She is beautiful." I tell her and she smiles.

"She looks like how Slim did when he was a baby," Di-Di tells us.

"Speaking of Slim. Has his family came to see her yet?" Regina asks.

"Ugh, no. But I don't even care anymore. His family ain't shit, they barely are there for him. Dakota gon be straight, my mama got us. She's been making sure Slim and I were ok since we started dating and his folks went ghost. Both of my babies gon be good regardless." Di-Di states and I nod my head.

They can't make Slim family care. As long as she and Slim do as much as they can to make sure Dakota is alright they can stay where they at.

"You already know we gon help y'all sis," Gina says and everyone agrees.

"Right, even though Imma be in New York for college I'm gonna make sure my family helps y'all whenever you need it," I tell her.

"Thank you, guys. Y'all mean so much to me, I don't know what I would've done without y'all." Di-Di says and Dakota starts to cry.