CHAPTER 21

SAMIA POV

"Corey give me back my phone before I slap yo ass." I tell Corey.

We're in 7th period and he took my phone when I was trying to take some pictures.

We have a sub today so I ain't worried about getting my phone took up.

"Girl gone." He says then he starts typing something into my phone. "Here you go." He says then he gives me back my phone.

I look and I see he changed his contact name to Big Daddy Corey😍👅❤

"Boy, you ain't my daddy," I say clearing his name and changing it back to the way I had it.

"Not yet." He says then he winks at me and I bust out laughing.

It's been a few weeks since our 'Friendly Date' and we've been getting pretty close lately. But I'm not quick to jump into a relationship right now. Especially since I don't know where my feelings are at the moment. 

If I'm being completely honest, Corey is a nice guy. Yea he's a man hoe. But besides that, he's cute, funny, and chill as fuck. 

I can really vibe with him. 

Then again, I got Brandon and Monte too. 

Monte is also cute and funny but he comes with a lot. He's getting abused by his Uncle and is always being threatened by saying he's gonna get put back in the system. 

He was adopted by his uncle when he was 10 because his mother was doing her own thing and the school got involved. He's been getting beat ever since. 

Monte is going through a lot but he has a huge heart. And even though he lied to me... who knows what the meaning of it was? There might be a bigger reason to why he felt like he had to lie to me.

Brandon. Man, Brandon is somebody I can't really describe. I loved him since I was thirteen and I still love him. My feelings for him never went away and I don't think they ever will.

Yes, he is a drug dealer, but most of my family member slanging drugs too. And I feel like I can help him get out the game and I can teach him how to flip his money into something legal. Brandon has been there for me for a long ass time... and without him, I wouldn't be the Samia I am now. 

He has a great impact on my life, no lie.

I don't know who I want. But who's to say that I'll end up being with one of them?

I just know that I don't want to be playing with anyone emotions. 

Well...

 I will if it comes down to it.

**

I walked around the track with Monte. We're with the kids and they're playing on the playground. 

"I'm sorry." He finally says. 

"I've heard that a million times Monte."

"I mean it tho."

"How am I supposed to believe that when you constantly lying?" I say side-eying him.

"I'm not lying now."

"I don't believe you."

"How can I make you believe me?"

"Why did you lie to me?" I ask.

He sighs, "Man, Yani's dad works for the NBA. And if I go out with her, her pops gon help me get my name out there. I can't break up with her and leave her heartbroken then Imma have a bad rep. Basketball is my only way out."