CHAPTER 9

SAMIA POV

I woke to hear my phone ring on my nightstand.

"Hello..." I say in a croaky voice.

"Mia, can you come open the door for me?" He asks and I hope outta bed. I quickly put on my Nike slides and walked to the front door, making sure I wasn't being too loud. I don't want to wake my dad up.

I slowly opened the front door and stared at Monte completely stunned.

"Come on," I whisper and lead him to my room.

"Sit on the bed," I told him then went to my bathroom. I grabbed peroxide, band-aids, alcohol and cotton balls.

I kneeled on the floor and tended to his bruised face.

"Shit Mia," He hissed when I rubbed some alcohol on his face.

"Be quiet. Let me do this," I tell him. I used the peroxide on the scratches on his face. After I did that I put a band-aid on them.

"I'm done," I tell him and I get off the floor and he stood up to leave. "You're not leaving. Not like that."

"I gotta go Mia."

"No, you don't. You came to my house at 2 am with bruises and scares on yo face. I'm far from stupid Monte. I'm not letting you go back there." I say sternly.

He sat back on my bed and put his hands on his head and sighed. "I'm ight. This ain't shit Mia."

I sit on my bed next to him. "You gon tell me what happened even though it's already pretty clear," I say.

"I said I'm ight-"

"Cut the bullshit. You must think you talking to a dumbass. You betta tell me what happened Monte and I'm not playing."

He sighed yet again, "He came in drunk again... I was just minding my business. I ain't even say shit to him today. He started talking crap, saying shit like 'I shoulda left you in the system'. But I ignored him. Then he punched me, and we started fighting." He said shrugging like it wasn't a big deal.

"Is there someone else you can live with?"

"Nah. I just gotta deal with it. I'm not leaving tho, I can't put the kids at risk like that. I don't care how long I gotta be his punching bag, as long as he doesn't touch them." He says.

"I understand that, but what about you? Your future?"

"I'll find something out. I have been thinking bout how imma save them first tho."

"Imma help you we gon come up wit something," I tell him and he nods his head.

"Let's go to sleep," I say then get up to turn the light off.

"Where imma sleep?" He asks

"In the bed wit me, duh," I reply.

"Hell nawl, what if yo dad see us?"

"I'll make sure you up and gone before he comes to check on me. Don't worry bout it," I tell him and he shakes his head. He takes off his shirt and gets in the bed wit me.

"Monte..."

"Yes."

"Promise me you won't keep no mo secrets like that," I say and he turns to face me.

"I promise."

**

I walked into the gym with a smile on my face.

I was happy that Monte and I didn't get caught. Because if my dad found out he would kill the both of us.

To my surprise, I was the very last person to arrive. Even Corey was here before me.