Part 13

(Before im continuing this story I want you to forget everything you read about Lauren's perspective, since you all know I lost all my chapters I had yet to publish including how to end the story.. im changing things up a lil. I hope you like it x )

It was supposed to be a rainy, grey and depressing day. It was what would've fit right with the situation. But the sun shone and the birds were chipping. In the far distance you could hear cars honking and children yelling. It was weird to Camila knowing that today was just another day to a lot of people. Irrelevant you could even say. But not to her, and especially not to Dinah.

Camila parked her car at the parking lot of the hospital Dinah had told her to go. She looked at the white buildings with mixed feelings. A hospital is a place where people die all the time, but it's also where babies start their life, which is a positive thing. You could imagine why she didn't know whether to be sad or happy.

One emotion that was clear the girl was feeling was stressed out. Camila yawned. It was 2.32AM.

"Dinah, I'm outside. Can you come get me?" She had said through the phone which Dinah agreed to. Her voice sounded weak and sad and when she hang up Camila felt her stomach turn thinking of the situation they were into now.

When Dinah walked out of the hospital and locked eyes with her best friend, she bursted into tears almost immediately and let herself fall into Camila's open arms.

"I'm almost afraid to ask but," Camila started. "Is he okay?"

"They can't tell yet. They're doing all sorts of tests on him to see if he has any permanent injuries." Dinah replied quietly. She took the other girls' hand and led them inside.

Once inside, Camila saw all sorts of people with all sorts of injuries. She looked around and saw a young child sitting in a wheelchair talking to her parents happily. Next to the young girl there was a boy, who must've been Camila's age. He was wearing a beanie and looked rather pale as he stood with his family.

The boy turned around and looked Camila straight in the eyes. He shot her a smile, and for a second the girl forgot they were in a hospital and that this boy was probably a patient there. His smile was incredibly charming.

Slowly a voice fades in and the brown-haired girl realized she zoned out again.

"You haven't been listening to what I said at all did you?" Dinah complained, throwing her hands in the air.

Camila looked away from the boy now facing her friend. "You're right, I'm sorry."

"As I was saying.." Dinah continued. "They found Siope onconscious somewhere on the side of the road, his head bleeding and all. It's a miracle he's even alive. The-they were talking about a car crash.."

Her eyes widening, Camila knew she had to stay shut about Dinah hitting someone and driving away just a few days ago. They both knew the truth. She didn't have to rub it in her face.

"Dinah..."

"I don't want to hear it. If it's true...." Dinah gulped and wiped away a few tears. "I wouldn't be able to forgive myself."

The girls waited for approximately an hour before one of the doctors opened the door and stepped outside of the room Siope was laying in. Siope's mother shot up from her chair and rushed to the doctor, followed by Dinah.

"And?" Dinah asked eagerly, her eyes fixated on the doctor.

He shook his head. "His health is very critical at the moment. It's not safe to say yet, but I'm sure of one thing; he won't be the same if he wakes up."