Part 3

Lauren never demanded her attention in this way before, until now.

The way her voice became more quiet than usual worried Camila and she wasn't sure if she was ready for whatever was about to come her way.

"Let's talk then," Camila answered with a shaky voice and she groaned internally for panicking already, maybe it wasn't that bad.

"I don't really know how to say it without scaring you off,"

Now Camila was definitely worried, she felt her heart beating faster and her breath hitching in her throat. She gritted her teeth and mentally prepared herself for a heartbreak. Camila saw how nervous Lauren was and in an attempt to calm her down she rested her hand on Lauren's, but the girl yanked her arm back as if it was a reflex.

"Sorry," The green-eyed mystery laughed nervously, putting her hand back in the same position so that it was interlaced with Camila's fingers.

"I have wanted to say this for a week or two but I never found the courage to actually do it. Maybe it's because the beach was," She quickly corrected herself much to Camila's discomfort. "IS our thing, it just made it easier I guess,"

Camila's mind was chaotic and she was very confused, she tried to think of something that happened in the past that went wrong but she couldn't think of anything. Their relationship was perfect. Never were there arguments, perhaps because their time was limited everyday and they didn't know how long they actually had. Sometimes it felt like hours and sometimes it felt like minutes.

Also, the most common reasons for a break-up is jealousy, but there was no such thing in their world. They were always alone, that brought frustrations with it as well. Camila wanted nothing more than to introduce her girlfriend to her mother and Sofi.

But she wasn't even sure if that would even happen at all (if possible) right now.

"Lauren, what's wrong?" Camila asked.

That caused the girl to smile as she shook her head. "Nothing's wrong, babe." She released her grip of Camila's hand and retrieved a small black box that looked extremely expensive.

Now a different kind of panick immerged Camila's mind as her jaw dropped. The black box was exactly the same Dinah showed her when her dad proposed to her mom. Camila wasn't ready, she was only sixteen. "Laur-" She tried to speak up but Lauren put her index finger against Camila's lips and smiled again.

"I'm not proposing, don't worry." As soon as those words left her lips Camila released a breathe she didn't know she was holding in.

"Remember the first sunset we experienced together? The way it turned from orange to a pink-ish color?"

Camila nodded her head, the memory of that day caused her to smile.

Lauren carefully opened the box as it revealed a beautiful golden ring with a sunset peach color, the exact same as the sunset they witnessed. "Wait," The green-eyed girl told Camila before she could react to it as she slid the ring around Camila's ring finger.

"There's a meaning behind it. A reason why I chose the sunset,"

Camila noticed her jaw was still open and she closed it quickly, switching her gaze between the beautiful ring and green eyes, too stunned and speechless to say anything.

"A sunset doesn't care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it."

"You used to tell me about the fact that you're not that popular at school or whatever and it kept bugging me, because you're absolutely one of the most gorgeous human beings I have ever layed my eyes on." Lauren continued.

"I'm also the only human being you've ever seen," Camila joked but she couldn't wipe off her obnoxious smile, she was utterly in love with the girl in front of her.

Lauren chuckled and rolled her eyes, "I'm trying to be romantic here." She scolded playfully but bit her lip afterwards. Her eyes dropped to Camila's lips and lingered there for a few seconds.

"You don't always have to ask permission to kiss me," The brown-haired girl said but she couldn't deny how much she liked Lauren being gentle.

She could also be other things than gentle, but let's not ruin the moment.

With that being said, Lauren felt a little more confident as she leaned in and closed her eyes after seeing Camila doing the same thing. And when their lips met again, her whole body was on verge of exploding. Capturing Camila's bottom lip between her own, Lauren sucked on it gently as her hands made her way to her hips, resting on them gently.

It was obvious that Lauren had other intentions than just innocently making out, Camila felt it. And she didn't mind at all.

But ofcourse as if the universe spoke again, Lauren's lips became less soft and her hands where no longer on her hips. She was disappearing again. Camila groaned out loud and Lauren gave her a sad smile.

"See you tomorrow?" The green-eyed girl asked.

"See you tomorrow."

And that were the last words they'd exchanged before Camila woke up, her heartbeat a little faster than normal and a huge smile on her face.