Part 1

She was ten years old when it happened for the first time.

Camila had an exhausting day, she'd been to a birthday party from someone she didn't even like.

Her body was physically and mentally exhausted and it screamed for some rest. She never was a night-owl anyways.

She was the perfect daughter, good grades, kids she only befriended because she knew her father would approve of, a good sister to Sofi and was amazingly talented in everything that involved music.

There was only one thing missing.

Camila existed, but she never lived. She never experienced the true feeling of living. She had seen it in movie plenty of times. People who ran away with their lover and travelled around the world, no idea what they were going to do the next day. And they didn't care. Because the only thing that mattered was their soulmate.

Soulmate.

Camila wasn't alone, in fact, she had a lot of people around her, but she still felt lonely sometimes. She never expressed her feelings to anyone because she didn't trust anyone, they'd all leave at some point in her life.

Just like her mother.

"Good night, princess." Her dad stroked her hair softly as she lay in bed, her eyes already closed and aching to let sleep take over her body. "Night, dad." She mumbled as she finally fell asleep.

And as soon as that happened Camila was pulled into another world. The first few seconds she opened her eyes, everything was white, until every object slowly started to gain it's natural color.

It took a while before she grasped where she was.

It was the location where she saw her mother for the last time in her life. The park.

When the girl was four years old her mother took her to the park, the playground to be exact. Camila never questioned it, she was taught to embrace mother's good days and to accept the bad days.

After approximately an hour her mother suggested to sit on the blue bench next to the playground, and wait until she came back with ice cream. So Camila did.

She never came back.

Camila stayed there until her kindergarten teacher walked by and asked her what she was doing. She must've noticed something was wrong, because not even thirty minutes later she took the little girl back to her father.

After that Camila never ate ice cream anymore.

In her memories the park looked monotonous and soulless but now it looked bright and scintillating and you'd never think her worst memory took place here.

It was unusual, but not per se the wrong kind. It was new and that thrilled Camila. She wasn't used to drastic changes but this looked like a whole different world.

There was something that caught her attention though, a smaller figure that was approaching her slowly. As she got closer Camila figured out that the smaller figure was a girl around her age. The first thing she noticed where her mesmerizing emerald green eyes who sparkled brightly and matched the big smile on her face.

"Who are you?" The raven-hair girl asked, her head tilted to the side.

"My name is Camila," Camila answered. "What's your name?"

The stranger captured her chin with her index finger and thumb and thought for a moment before she sloke up. "They told me my name was Michelle, but I like Lauren better."

"Why are you here?" The girl who introduced herself as Lauren asked after a few moments of silence. She didn't look surprised at all and that confused Camila a little bit.

"I don't know," She admitted.

"Do you want to play with me? You're my only friend," Lauren extended her hand and waited for the other girl to take it, which she did.

Camila smiled to herself as she let herself being dragged over to the swings, she just got herself a new friend and it was exciting.

The two girls played for what seemed like an eternity, they found out more about each other and at one point Camila thought she'd genuinely die from laughter because her belly hurt so much.

"Do you want to play at my house? My daddy gave me a new Barbie set," Camila clasped her hands together excitedly but her excitement soon vanished when she saw Lauren's smile disappear.

"I'm not supposed to leave the place I get assigned to," She admitted as she scrunched up her nose. The brown-haired girl raised her eyebrows, she was confused again. "What do you mean?"

Lauren sighed as she played with her fingers and shifted on her feet awkwardly. "They told me to stay wherever I appear.." Her voice was a little more quiet, as if she was afraid someone would overhear their conversation.

"Who is 'they', Lauren?" Camila asked worriedly, she placed a hand on the girls shoulder but she glided right through it, her shoulder became transparent. Camila's eyed widened as her jaw dropped but Lauren shrugged it off easily.

"It's time," Lauren told her as she looked around, all the bright colors this park had became white again and Camila was terrified to say the least. She didn't comprehend what was happening.

"They gave me you, and I am glad they did. You're my new friend, I'll see you tomorrow, Camila." Lauren pecked a quick kiss on the other girl's cheek before she completely fade away, just like everything around them.

But before Camila could do or say anything, her father's words woke her up. "Despiértate, mi amor*. It's time for school."

And just like that, Camila was pulled back into reality before she finally realized what just happened.

________________________

Hello lovely people, I am beyond thrilled to get started with this fanfiction. I have so many ideas to use that I can't wait until the next chapter! Thank you for taking your time to read this. Feedback is always welcome!

*Wake up, my love.

UPDATE (OCTOBER 19th):
The chapters get longer just thought you'd want to know.